1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing N64 roms on the gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by coldswell, Jan 30, 2005.

1. coldswell

coldswell Member

I am loving this PSO exploit but I'm having trouble playing the N64 roms over it. Mario Kart 64 works flawlessly which is cool as that is my favourite, but I am unable to get any others working. I've tried both Phoenix 2.5 and the Paradox N64 disc server with all the different loaders but cannot get any other games to load.

I realise there are a limited amount of games that are supposed to work, but I cannot even get them to run.

With some such as Mario 64 and 1080 Snowboarding I can get past the Zelda loading screen where it tells me it needs to create a save file, so I let it do that but then freezes, then if I try and load it again the screen just goes blank.

Has anybody else experienced this or able to offer any possible solutions to this problem?

2. darthkill

darthkill Member

best thing to do m8 is get a viper fitted i can play any n64 game i want in z64 format or v64 format and they all work fine :)

3. darthkill

darthkill Member

p.s there are also iso releases of n64 games avalible viper ready

4. coldswell

coldswell Member

Thanks, I might look into getting one of those but I'm a bit worried about fitting it.

I would like to try and sort this issue out, I know it should work.

Has anyone else noticed a problem playing N64 games that require a save to be made on the card first?

5. koteshi

koteshi Regular member

Haven't tried the Viper method because the chip hasn't arrived yet. Is there a way to put these roms on a disc and choose what game you want to start?

6. morphx

morphx Member

I have a viper modchip installed and i would like to know how to run N64 roms on my Gamecube with a viper,i tried the streaming method with N64 server and pheonix but no go at the loading screen,does'nt do nothing when the loading is complete.

thanks guys ;0)