1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing PAL DVD on computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jkbeka, Jan 20, 2004.

1. jkbeka

jkbeka Member

I have two computers both HP. About 1.5 years difference in age. Both Windows XP pentium 4s. On the older machine I can play with out problems homemade DVD in either the -R or +R format in either the PAL or NTSC video system. On the newer machine I can ony play the NTSC versions. They use the same external Sony DVD+/-R writer. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this on the newer computer? I live in the USA.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well In Theory there should not be a Problem at all Playing Pal DVD"s on any PC, well Not unless the DVD was region coded to a different region in which case you would have to change the region code on your DVD-Rom but this should not apply with DVD"s on DVD-+/R"s, Can you Rip the Pal DVD"s to your Hard drive with that PC....Whatever the Problem Is I doubt it is because the DVD"s are in Pal format...wierd

3. jkbeka

jkbeka Member

I have no problem making PAL format with either DVD-R or +R discs. They actually play in Europe with my realatives. They play on the older computer. Both comuter have the same version of winDVD, Windows MEdia Player adn Real One. None will play the PAl's on the new computer. I am aware of the regional settings and I have never changed any of that on either computer. Thanks.

4. jkbeka

jkbeka Member

Problem turned out to be that even though it is a new computer the manufacture did not install the appropriate and latest diriver for the graphics card. Whose I got the correct driver the problem was solved.