1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Ashe666

Ashe666 Member

Hey Guys, i may have missed it in the previous pages but, after patching a PAL game to NTSC, can u use an NTSC gameshark for cheat codes, or do u still have to use a PAL cheat code utility??

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Yes, but you have to use codes for the PAL version. What you would do is convert Xploder/AR Max (PAL) codes to raw format and then type those codes into your ntsc gameshark.

3. Ashe666

Ashe666 Member

Thanx-a-mill nrk...
    Now i just gotta figure out how to do that...lol

4. Ashe666

Ashe666 Member

Never mind. i found it
    Thanx again nrk..

5. DXrules

DXrules Guest

Ok I have Stuntman Ignition and I patched with pal2ntsc.exe and I put the disk in using my ARMAX-CDLOADER method and It boots in color but the screen has 2 of everything. I tried it on a different TV and still same result.

6. baggio108

baggio108 Member

I bought Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PAL) from England and i live in Canada and the game does not give me an option to choose between 50/60Hz, it tells me to insert a ps2 game from my region. Do i need a mod chip to run it? What do i have to do to get this option? Is there anything i can do to play this game because i'm dieing to play it.

Thanks to anyone who can answer!!!

7. thecool

thecool Member

how do you use .bak files for your ps2.

8. coolpb81

coolpb81 Member

Hi everyone I have a different problem, I brought a new PS2 from South Korea, its in PAL format. But the TV I have its in NTSC format only, now I am not able to play PAL games. What should I do, as I read from the older posts that I can Patch PAL game to convert them ad NTSC games will it solve my problems. Since my PS2 is PAL will it play Games patched for NTSC? Please help me with this.

9. kin2

kin2 Member

hi all,
    I am new to this convertion.
    I get confused, I tried y-fix and ADR patcher on Champion return to army. I still get the TV refreshing rate wrong. The screen is still rolling. Oh! forget the details, I am trying pal to ntsc on this game. Can anyone help?? Thanks

10. WanderLA

WanderLA Member

So has anyone had any luck with NBA 2K8 PAL or NBA Live 08?

11. thecool

thecool Member

if the screens roling it means if you have ntscu/c like mine and the video game is pal it wont work or just the opaset of what i said and swap magic pal game set it to ntsc video mode thats what i did.

12. Locoxx19

Locoxx19 Member

Dude I need help with this one, I have a MDF file, its made by alochol 120% but is Pal! I dont know how to translate to NTSC........ plz tell me some program that can conver Pal files MDF to NTSC.

13. NoNameCon

NoNameCon Member

Hello every 1, i need some serious help here. Actually i downloaded GOD of Wars 2 few days back n it was in NTSC format. It didnt say anywhere abt the format so i assumed that it would be in a PAL format. So i used this program called ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe and patched the .ISO file.I burned n played it on my PS2. It worked but the screen was cut-off from the top. So this means that the original .ISO file was already in NTSC format and after i patched n set the Y-Fix-Offset to 48 the screen couldnt fit properly anymore on TV therez like a 5-6 inches black screen from the bottom. I read some where that this program makes a back-up of the ELF file. I found the ELF file and it had been renamed by the program as "SCUC_974.81.bak" but the original file was named as "SCUC_974.81". I replaced the original file with the backed-up file and removed the ".bak" from it. I burned the game and when tried to play it, it said Not a Valid PS2 Game. I don wanna download this game again n unfortunately didnt make the backup of the original .ISO file. Any help would be highly appreciated!!

14. NoNameCon

NoNameCon Member

Hello every 1, i need some serious help here. Actually i downloaded GOD of Wars 2 few days back n it was in NTSC format. It didnt say anywhere abt the format so i assumed that it would be in a PAL format. So i used this program called ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe and patched the .ISO file.I burned n played it on my PS2. It worked but the screen was cut-off from the top. So this means that the original .ISO file was already in NTSC format and after i patched n set the Y-Fix-Offset to 48 the screen couldnt fit properly anymore on TV therez like a 5-6 inches black screen from the bottom. I read some where that this program makes a back-up of the ELF file. I found the ELF file and it had been renamed by the program as "SCUC_974.81.bak" but the original file was named as "SCUC_974.81". I replaced the original file with the backed-up file and removed the ".bak" from it. I burned the game and when tried to play it, it said Not a Valid PS2 Game. I don wanna download this game again n unfortunately didnt make the backup of the original .ISO file. Any help would be highly appreciated!!

15. samxero

samxero Member

Has anyone had any luck with Sonic Gems Collection? I have been trying to track down an NTSC version, but have had no luck. If I could just get the PAL version and change it to NTSC..well, that would be great.

s/m

16. NoNameCon

NoNameCon Member

17. frostbyt

frostbyt Member

I just got Tomb Raider Anniversary and Tekken 5 in Pal from a guy in Lithuania that thought they would work here in the US, but they don't. After a little research, I found this awesome thread. I see both these games on the list of not tested. What suggestions would you have for a complete newbie to to see if any of these patches work? My system has a mod chip to play Japanese or US, but not PAL and it can play burned and has a built in hard drive, but I bought it that way. I can probably do all the things you have instructions for. What should I try first?

18. hippykllr

hippykllr Guest

hey i tried to convert a pal game to ntsc too, but when i use swap magic to play it
    it works its just very very very slow ,
    is it because im using "memorex dvd-r"> and i should use Verbatim or TDK instead? i used the patch to put th "y offset to 48"
    and its very slow.any advice to make it work better?

19. hippykllr

hippykllr Guest

hey i tried to convert a pal game to ntsc too, but when i use swap magic to play it
    it works its just very very very slow ,
    is it because im using "memorex dvd-r"> and i should use Verbatim or TDK instead? i used the patch to put th "y offset to 48"
    and its very slow.any advice to make it work better?

20. frostbyt

frostbyt Member

OK, so I followed the directions, loading the DVD Decrypter, then made the ISO image, then applied the patch, then burned the image to DVD and it won't play it. I tried loading the HDAdvance disc, then putting in the burned image and it still just says invalid PS disc. Any thoughts?