1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. redsugg

redsugg Member

to clarify i mean if i can do over the image and burn over the ones that didnot work using the image from the dvd that did not work on my ps2

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

You can image the DVD that you already burned. You Can NOT reburn on the same DVD unless it is a DVD-RW.

3. numnuts87

numnuts87 Regular member

doez anyone know if I get an ntsc to pal switch if it will work to be able to play a pal version of singstar on my ps2 ntsc ps2 using hdloader ?

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I have not tried it but supposidly you will be able to run it via HDLoader without the Audio/Video mess up.

5. chachamia

chachamia Member

Does anyone mind giving me a start to finish step process? I want to play Singstar Bollywood here in America. I have a NTSC PS2. It has been acting up so I could get a new PS2. I don't think it would be smart to get a PAL PS2 because I *may* need it again to play US PS2 games (then again, I do have the PS3 which is backwards compatible so.. maybe I wouldn't?). I do have a Multi system TV, but would prefer to play on a NTSC TV.

I have nothing modded, no HD, and am not sure where to go to get either. I'm very new to this type of stuf. I'm a casual gamer if that.

6. numnuts87

numnuts87 Regular member

I hope it works the only problem I seem to have is that I'm one cheap bastard and dont feel like paying a crap load of money to get one of those signal converters online, I hope I can find one at a local place near me, if someone can tell me if that idea I had would work 100% or not, PLEASE someone give me the correct answer.

7. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Your like me :)
    Exactly why I haven't bought one yet.

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

http://ashholt.googlepages.com/ps2softmod
    That is the guide I used to get HD Loader working on my PS2. You can either use that, Swap Magic (haven't tried it personally) or a modchip (haven't tried it out either) Then you'll either need to play Singstar Bollywood on your multisystem TV or on an NTSC TV with a PAL to NTSC signal converter. You can patch the game but you'll have audio/video sync problems. The signal converter SHOULD fix the sync problems according to another AD fourm but I haven't tried it out myself.

9. numnuts87

numnuts87 Regular member

That seems to be what the majority of people are saying I'm getting more positive feedback on this idea than negative. So I might just go out and buy it

10. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Once you do let us know exactly how it goes, Your trying it out with the game Singstar Bollywood right?

11. numnuts87

numnuts87 Regular member

I'll totally tell all of you guys how it goes, I don't have Bollywood I have Legends pal version. I really hope it works. I want to sing Paranoid and Imagine, on Singstar lol. I even go to parties where one of the biggest things we play Singstar with tons of people and it would def, give more song choices

12. 9Od9meO

9Od9meO Member

Hi Everyone:

A friend gave me the game "Gun" for the PS2. It was made by Activision/Neversoft. I have discovered that it is a PAL game, however. My tv is NTSC. The pictures scrolls on the tv.

I understand that I can select NTSC at some point at the start of the game. I cannot see where to do this because of the scrolling. Does anyone know where the NTSC option appears at the start?

Thanks

13. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

14. SS4_gohan

SS4_gohan Guest

could someone tell me if these games are patchable and if they are what should i use to patch it.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 Collector's Edition

Soul Calibur 3

Thank you

15. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Patchable for HD Loader? If thats what your asking, make a backup of your CD image and try it. I don't think there is any place where you can make sure it works.

16. SS4_gohan

SS4_gohan Guest

Oh sorry I mean i am using swap magic 3.6

17. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Can't help you there, I have never used Swap Magic. You could try with DVD-RWs if your PS2 can read them, only some can.

18. SS4_gohan

SS4_gohan Guest

oh ok thanx anyways

19. SS4_gohan

SS4_gohan Guest

does anybody know which ones have the ability to adjust the screen and has anybody ever patched any of these games before and if so please tell me if it worked or not and what you did thank you.

20. FlorisJan

FlorisJan Member

Sorry for bringing up this thread from the deep, but I need a question answered. I just patched a game and I was reading over the screen and it said that it had skipped two sections, is this ok? will the game still run?