1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

MagicIso will convert the .mdf file to a .iso file.

Or, you could take your burned copy and use dvd decrypter to create the iso from your copy.

2. ps4me

ps4me Guest

Remember- If you want to load a PAL game in NTSC that can't be patched (like Grand Turismo 4 Prologue or Formula 1 2004) boot a copy of Swap Magic 3, after it loads eject it, insert the PAL game, let it read the new TOC, select NTSC on screen, then press the SQUARE BUTTON for special boot. Works perfectly. Enjoy!

3. LordShade

LordShade Member

Hi guys, I'm new here ñ_ñ hum well first of all thx to nrk mostly and all of you, the tips ont his thread have been of great help to me, but still i got a little problem...

You'll see, I managed to patch .hack Mutation from pal to ntsc with adr-patcher and worked, but the screen is too low for me to see the text box complete, (you may know how rpg are work is most reading XP) I was wondering if at the time of patching it I could alter the default setting "48" for the screen to be a litle higer, but I dont know what number would work, has anyone experienced with this?

Thx in advance, any help will be very apreciated =P

4. mrrman

mrrman Member

Will this method work for mds and mdf extensions. I have Dragon Ball 3 thats posted in Pal and when its extracted you are left with the above 2 files. Thanks

5. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

LordShade,

Try a y-fix offset of 56.

mrrman,

The program only accepts bin or iso files. You could burn the mdf/mds file to blank media and then make the .iso file of that disc. Or, you could convert the .mdf file to .iso using MagicIso.

6. mrrman

mrrman Member

Thanks I will give that a try

7. frangle

frangle Guest

in trying to create an iso file burnatonce says: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
    CDB: 28 00 00 00 00 7C 00 00 1F 00
    Sense Bytes: F0 00 05 00 00 00 95 0A 00 00 00 00 64 00
    Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
    Sense Code: 0x64 Qual 0x00 (illegal mode for this track) Fru 0x0
    Sense flags: Blk 149 (valid)
    cmd finished after 1.872s timeout 40s
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/burnatonce/external/readcd: I/O error. Cannot read source disk
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/burnatonce/external/readcd: Retrying from sector 124.

is this because of copyright protection, how do i bypass it?

8. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Is the disc a cd-rom? You could try another program. Burnatonce is suggested because it is free. However, any program that will create an iso or bin/cue files from a cd-rom will do the job.

9. frangle

frangle Guest

yes its a cd rom and i am using swap magic 3.0 with a fliptop, i noticed when i load the game the screen at the start goes red, ive tried burning it and that didnt work. when i load the game the menu works fine and all but when i actually get into the gameplay the screen goes black and the only thing that works is the sound, my tv is very new. do you think i need swap magic 3.3?

10. frangle

frangle Guest

the cd is one of those blue ps2 ones

11. frangle

frangle Guest

is there anyway possible to burn cd format to dvd?

12. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Did you try another program like Alcohol 120% or cdrwin? The pal2ntsc program accepts either .iso or .bin files. Try another program that can create either .iso or .bin files of cd-rom discs. Then, try to patch it. If that still doesn't work, it's probably a game that can't be patched and I'll add it to the list of non-compatible games that are in my first post. What game is it, by the way?

13. frangle

frangle Guest

it is k-1 dynamite 2004 (ntsc-j), i bought it and tried the usual swapping routine with swap magic 3.0 the game menu ran but the gameplay didnt, so i created an iso. burnt it to another cd, that didnt work either with the same thing happening. so do you think i need swap magic 3.3?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2005
  14. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

This topic thread is about patching games from PAL to NTSC. Japanese games are already in NTSC format.

I'm don't know a lot about swap magic. Try searching the forums for help or create a new topic in the ps2 general discussion forum.

15. RobCFC

RobCFC Guest

Hey people.

I just bought ESPN NBA 2k5 from overseas and I was wondering if anyone can help me convert it from NTSC to PAL if that is possible?

Or can I just fix the alignment on the NTSC? My TV supports NTSC but it isn't centered, it goes towards the left and cuts off some of the side and on the right there is just black.

So if someone can help me convert it too PAL, or just fixed the alignment for my TV, I will appreicate it heaps.

16. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

17. RobCFC

RobCFC Guest

PS2 NTSC TO PAL VIDEO MODE CHANGER WITH Y-FIX
    Patching Engine V1.09 - 24 May, 2004
    By Jaytee

Please report any bugs or suggestions to jayteemaster2003@yahoo.com.br
    Also, I would appreciate if you send me some fast FTPs with PS2 rips.

NTSC 2 PAL: found 1 patch locations.
    Patching... Done.
    Elf program header not found.
    Aborting.

Thats the error I get when trying to patch ESPN NBA 2k5 from NTSC to PAL

18. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

1)Download adr patcher at:
    utilities.psxforum.com/adr_patcher0_5.zip

2)Unzip the file and run adr_patcher.exe

3)Click browse and select the iso file of the game

7)Select .PS2 NTSC -> PAL PATCH ROUTINE (NO Y POS)

8)Select Begin Search.

9)The program will search for locations to patch the game. When it finishes, patch the file.

10)Run DVD Decrypter again and choose ISO-->Write and burn the patched iso file.

If that doesn't work, the PAL release of the game will be released 1/14/2005

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  19. visualxp

visualxp Member

can someone explain it to me from pal to ntsc?

Does the game run slower than in normal cases?

20. obwan

obwan Member

Sorry for the noob question, but what happens after you make the iso, patch it and burn it to a DVD-R? Does the PS2 read the burned disc, or do you need to do something else? I really don't want to modchip my system, as there is only one PAL game I'm actually trying to do this with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.