1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

visualxp,

The game does not run slower, the only thing that changes is how the game is displayed on your tv.

obwan,

PS2's wont be able to play games from other regions. If you really want to play the game, get your ps2 modded. If you don't know how to install a modchip, you can send your ps2 to installers that will do it for you. Or, you can just buy a new ps2 with a modchip installed. I would recommend www.xmodd.com for either service.

If you don't want to mod your console, you could buy a PAL console and hook it up to a multistandard tv.

2. visualxp

visualxp Member

i have experienced myself that games run slower when you pathc them. i patched Colin 05 from Pal to NTSC and it run slower :(

now i dont know how to do it, i dont have the software. can someone tell me wich one i can use?
    Thanks!

3. visualxp

visualxp Member

i have experienced myself that games run slower when you pathc them. i patched Colin 05 from Pal to NTSC and it run slower :(

now i dont know how to do it, i dont have the software. can someone tell me wich one i can use?
    Thanks!

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I couldn't get my patched version of Colin McRae Rally 2005 to even boot. That particular series has had problems in the past. Colin McRae Rally 04 was also known not to be compatible with the program.

All of the games that I have successfully patched, have worked at full speed.

Some games are messed up like The Getaway: Black Monday. The audio and video are not in sync, but from my experience, all successfully patched games will run at full speed.

5. visualxp

visualxp Member

i have colin 2005 patched and it works but it run slower than when you dont patch it and i asked other people why does that happend and they have told me that allways that you patch a game it looses speed because of the diferents refresh rates :(

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

That hasn't been my experience. I don't know if it could be the chip they are using. I'm using a dms3 on a v9. I have some games where I have both the PAL and NTSC releases (Second Sight, Van Helsing, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, among others). When I compare the speed of the games, I find that the NTSC releases and the patched PAL releases run at the same speed.

Have you have any patched games to work at the right speed? Are you burning at 1x to professional grade media? What chip are you using?

7. visualxp

visualxp Member

the only game that i have patched in my entire life was that one. i burnt it different. if someones knows any guide to do it from pal to ntsc it will be perfect.

8. shiftee

shiftee Member

Hi I'm new to the forum. thanks for the pal2ntsc utility. I patched pro evolution soccer 4 but the screen is a couple inches too high (using the offset of 48). what offset should I use to bring it down so i can center it? it was still a little too high even after using the screen adjust option in the game.

any help is appreciated!

9. swap0

swap0 Member

If there is no indication of what video mode the game image is based.. how do I find out??

10. danijie

danijie Guest

hey i just downloaded the ps2 pal2ntsc yfix.
    it says to browsw for a ps2 image, which for my Killzone is an iso image. after i select it i do not see an option where u can change the Y offset. The onli things i see are the PATCH, restore, and the pin.

does this effect anything else besides centering the game. it didnt seem to wrk when i booted it up. after using swap magic cd, it read it fine then it just stays at a black screen forever. ne suggestions???

11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

shiftee,

Try an offset of 32 or 40.

swap0,

Play the game. If it is displayed in black and white and the screen is rolling, then you will need to patch it.

danijie,

You downloaded the ntsc2pal fix by mistake. What you want is the pal2ntsc fix.

www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.zip

12. recca-kun

recca-kun Member

Hey

I posted a reply a bit ago about my ps2 not reading any disks but i think it didnt go trhough so i will go again. well the problem is that whenever i put in a game burnt or non burnt it wont read at all. in the browse part were i can choose between the memory card and the disk(game) it shows that its trying to read the disk but it just keeps going like that. i woould think that maybe the drive needs cleaning with something but im not sure whawt to do so can u please help me

13. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Try this guide:

cooltommy.s4u.org/PS2%20Fix/PS2.htm

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  14. obwan

obwan Member

nrk4594, I think I explained myself wrong in that first message. After a year in Sweden, my english is not so good. What I meant was I bought a PAL version of Resident Evil Survivor 2, got the ISO on my computer, patched it with the PAL to NTSC patcher, and then burned it onto a DVD R. But when I put the DVD R into my PS2, I just get a message saying to insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc. Is there something else I need to do? Preferably something that doesn't involve modchipping the machine? Thanks in advance for your help.

15. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You wont be able to play copied games without modifying your ps2.

Read the faq for more info.
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69274

16. obwan

obwan Member

nrk4594, thanks much for your help. I'll try and find somebody who can mod my machine for me. Thanks again!

17. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You can either ship your ps2 away to get modded, or you can buy a console that already has a modchip installed.
    I bought a pre-modified console from www.xmodd.com and I recommend their service.

18. obwan

obwan Member

Cool, I'll give 'em a try.

19. recca-kun

recca-kun Member

Hey i never got my modded ps2 fixed yet but i was wondering why i cant play ne games online! I cant even set up the online games. its strange though because when i bought my ps2 modded it came with the online pack so i should work right!? and its not the online pack thats broken because i tried it on my non modded ps2.

20. visualxp

visualxp Member

you can only play original games online, it doesnt matter if your ps2 is modded or not.