1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing (psx) emulated games on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by spanksh, Feb 7, 2005.

1. spanksh

spanksh Member

My problem is that I want to play a playstation game on my xbox. It already has an emulator on it (pcxbox I think) but the Xbox won't read the PSX disc. The only other way I can think of (besides FTP) is to copy it to a CDR. Would the Xbox read that? I have dvd2xbox and boXplorer. So, there a two stages. 1, how do I create 1 iso/rom file with all the files on a PSX disc? I assume you need to combine them all somehow? And then I need to make it readable for the Xbox. What folder would I put it in? As I have seen, pcxbox doesn't directly access the DVD/CD drive.
    Sorry about the length, but if there are any maestros out there, please help!

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You can't just "pop in the disc." It won't read anything without a default.xbe. What you can do is make a new folder, and put the psx emulator files in it. Then, use CDRWIN to extract the bin and cue files from your psx disc.

NOTE: You need the psx bios "SCPH1000" bios in order for the emulator to work. Once you find it, put it in the bios folder of your emulator.

After you're done, put the bin and cue file in it's own folder and name it whatever your game is. Now, go in your psx emulator (remember the new folder you made earlier) and put it in psxcd or something like that. Inside that folder, there should be a file that says "put.cd.images.here" Place the game folder with the bin and cue files in this folder.

Now that you've gotten the psx emulator and game files together, make it into a xISO. After that, burn with Alcohol 120, Nero, or DVD Decrypter. When you put the game in, it's going to show the emulator first. Go to "select game" and choose the bin file. And that's it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. spanksh

spanksh Member

Thanks for your time, but I have a few more questions...
    To create an xISO, do you still use CDRWIN? And also do you need to put it on a DVD? Because I have none of the above.
    However, wouldn't it be easier to just create an iso and put it on a normal CDR, which dvd2xbox could then copy onto the hard drive? (the emulator is already on the harddrive) or if I put the bin and cue files on a CDR and then transfer it into the rom folder, would that do the trick?

4. dRiftX2

dRiftX2 Member

So there is absolutely no way to play a psx game on your xbox without using a burned disc and whatnot? I have an emulator and iso's for it.

5. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

there is no way in hell you can play a ps2 or psx game on your xbox. period the end.