1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing svcd on any CD rom

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by iKo, Aug 31, 2003.

1. iKo

iKo Member

Can someone help me please are all cdrw's in the world the same. The problem I have is I im going to the Ukrain were they use SECAM and my friend has a notebook form the Ukrain and I would like to know if a SVCD i make here in the U.S. will play on there notebook with the cdrw and power dvd program like I use here in the U.S.
    Isnt most computer cdrw and software the same in diffrant countrys except for maybe the language the programs writen in?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye it should work on a computer or something, just open the avseq01.mpg file in the mpeg-2 folder! :)

3. iKo

iKo Member

Thats what i thought but didnt want to go all that way and be wrong ad not have the right stuff so you dont have to convert to SECAM if you use a PC right? Only if you try running the SVCD on one of there DVD players i quess
    thanks

4. Phantom

Phantom Member

Yeah I would also say you can bring a program with you that will play it.

You know like burn Zoom Player or somthing like that onto CDR or or a floppy. Maybe burn several players like BS player and any others that can play your movie. Take it with you when you see your friend.

She can put your CD or floppy in and install one of the players that you have brought. Then all you have to do is keep installing players until you get one that plays your CDR movies.

You might want to bring or copy off your codecs or filters you are using to play your movies.

This would be like your back up plan if your movies didn't play on her players, which as Dela said, they should.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ah it will work, if its a copmputer it will work! lol