1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing th dvd after burning!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gman3646, Jul 11, 2005.

1. gman3646

gman3646 Member

Hey all. I used dvd shrink to shrink the move and selected only the main movie (re-authored) then used nero 6 to burn. My problem is the home progressive scan player will work , but no pc will play the movie. In fact my puter locks because all efforts are utilized trying to read the disk. My question is what did I do wrong or should I shrink and burn all the movie's components; menues,main movie, and extras. When I do it this way , it works fine on all my players.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You might want to try a different media player in your PC, You have Nero, are you using Nero Showtime? If it plays in your DVD player it should play in your computer as well. You said no PC will play the movie, so have you tried this in other computers and none of them can play your movie?

3. gman3646

gman3646 Member

thanx for the response. I'm using power dvd in all my computers. I sure will install nero showtime and see if it works.

4. gman3646

gman3646 Member

ok I installed the latest nero showtime and my backup movies still won't play, but they will play on the house player

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Does the original play in your PC? It is not uncommon for optical drives, like your burner, to not recognize a copy it just burned. It shouldn't cause your computer to lock up though.

Because your DVD player is playing the movie, that is a good indication that your copy burned correctly.

Try the movie in a different PC and see if it is just your drive not recognizing the copy.

6. gman3646

gman3646 Member

that is true. my other pc recognises it now. it takes a while for the pc to recognize it. So I downloaded windows media player 10 and it works using it. However my dvd burner is a sony(two yr old 4x burner) so when I go into my computer and select drive when movie is inserted and right click properties, It says no disk in drive. I guess it is my burner having a hard time reading it.