1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing video in digital frame w/out related audio

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by krlorenz, Dec 16, 2007.

1. krlorenz

krlorenz Member

I don't know where else to post this question so if its in the wrong place, sorry. I have digital video of old 8mm flim taken with a Sony DSC-W70. The video is fine but the audio is the projector making noise. I would like to totally remove the audio, but dont know if that is possible. I believe the video is an mpeg file. The other problem is when I play the video, with other digital stills, on the digital frame, the music plays while the slideshow plays, but when the video starts the music stops. In settings on the digital frame, the user has the option of listening to music while the video plays, or the choice of listening to the related audio. I chose 'play music' but the music stops every time the video begins to play. I called tech support for the frame explaining my problem. In the end she escalated the case to a supervisor, but also said the video might have to be video taken from the same brand camera as the digital frame. So much for tech support. Any ideas on how to remove the audio from the orginal video would be greated appreciated. Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. krlorenz

krlorenz Member

Thanks, it works great. I played active files and no audio. Excellent. But where did do I find that file with no audio? Sounds dumb, but I can't find a file location. Thanks

4. krlorenz

krlorenz Member

Never mind, on a right click of the active file I found output file saving management and chose to save in same file as the respective source file. Many thanks. So simple when you have the right tool.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.

6. Sim001

Sim001 Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008