1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing VideoCD with WinDVD 5

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jark, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Jark

Jark Member

Hi,

I hope this is the right spot for my question.

Recently I downloaded 2 diff bin/cue files. One I had no problems viewing with WinDVD 5 platinum. The second one, as opposed to the first, named the burned CD as "VideoCD" and I could not open it to play it.

Is there something specific about VideoCDs that would not allow some of them to play with WinDVD?

They both looked to be MPEG2 files.

Thanks for the help.

Jark

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

well you gotta burn it first, use alcohol 120%, click image burning wizard, and change datatype to Video CD!

3. Jark

Jark Member

I already have it in VideoCD. I burned it with CDrwin, but it won't play. The other one played fine, and they were both burned with CDrwin. They were both bin file.

4. Dela

hmmm NTSC or PAL?

5. Jark

Jark Member

Not sure. Would it make a differnce ?

6. Jark

Jark Member

Oh, and I forgot to mention, now I apologize for the memory lapse, but it looked to me, that once I burned the files, there seemed to be one folder missing, (certainly there was one less Folder than the other disk that worked fine) as compared to the first one that I burned. I don't know if this makes any sense, and I actually have deleted this file so have no specifics.

I downloaded a bin/cue file recently, and it didn't get named as a VideoCD after I burned it, and this one worked fine........

Was trying to figure out, why the differences?

Bye for now.

7. Dela

I dont know, most likely only what was used to burn, as for NTSC and PAL, that could be the problem!