1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing with win10

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by aldan, Aug 31, 2015.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

measure twice - cut once.... :p

2. ireland

ireland Active member

ADD THIS TO YOUR LIST

Stop Windows 10's keylogger from monitoring what you type, ink, and say

The 'keylogger' that's built into Windows 10 has gained something of a bad reputation -- but it's really a bit of a misnomer. Yes, there is a component that -- technically speaking -- tracks what you input using the keyboard, screen, mouse, voice, and stylus... but it's a bit more complicated than that. It is not really a keylogger in the sense that the malware term usually implies.

http://betanews.com/2015/09/05/stop...n=Feed+-+bn+-+Betanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Yeah,really? Most everything I've seen about how M$ is becoming the Big Brother has come from the Tinfoil Hat Brigade and really is a bunch of ca-ca.
    I have my Win7 tweaked and blocking anything in or out so, I'll just wait until the final verdict is in, maybe when M$ releases Redstone in 2016, then I may or may not install 10...

Microsoft Fanbois are all atwitter about Win10 hitting +5% market share so soon. To me it says more about how bad Windows 8 is than how good Win10 is.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

2oldGeek
    THIS JUST CAME IN

Spybot Anti-Beacon quickly closes Windows 10 privacy holes

Spybot developer Safer Networking has released Spybot Anti-Beacon, a portable free tool which makes it easy to disable a host of Windows 10 tracking technologies.

Just launching the program displays the current status of 10 "problem" areas: Telemetry Hosts/ Services/ Group Policy, Consumer Experience Improvement Program Group Policy/ Scheduled Tasks, Application Impact Telemetry, Steps Recorder, WiFi Sense, "Apps use advertising ID" and P2P Windows Updates.

Disabling everything is as simple as hitting the "Immunize" button, and if that gets you into trouble then an "Undo" option restores your original settings.

Unfortunately, unlike O&O's ShutUp10, there's no detail on what you're disabling, and no way to toggle individual settings: it's strictly all or nothing.

The only detailed control you get is under the "Optional" tab, where you’re able to tweak any or all of four features: Web Search Group Policy, Cortana Group Policy, OneDrive Service and Remote Registry Service.

Spybot Anti-Beacon is an extremely simple way to turn off Windows 10's core telemetry settings, and if you’re an expert and know exactly what you’re doing, that just might be good enough.

But if you'd like to have more control, and occasionally need reminding of what these settings actually do, O&O ShutUp10 remains the best privacy-maintaining choice.

http://betanews.com/2015/09/05/spyb...n=Feed+-+bn+-+Betanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't need that link in every post. also editing your links to increase the font size from 1 to 3 so people can see what that link is about.

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Sorry but I have little faith in Spybot, they have been on the very bottom of the malware removal barrel for about 10 years and I really don't think they can make a turn around over night. Some of their software has caused more problems than it's worth, which is zero, zip, nada...... it's free.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

had a new twist yesterday.threw in another hdd and tried cloning win10 to it with acronis and no go.it booted and stopped at the desk top with a critical error.start button not working ms will try to fix it on reboot,but wont reboot.did the same clone with macrium and not a problem.black viper already has a list of service tweaks which worked for me as well.looks like "customizing" this os system isnt gonna be all that hard.cant remember the last os that had this many tweaks this fast.lol

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You have a ways to go, yet!
    You do know that Win 10 Threshold 2 has been pushed back....
    Win10 TH2 will be released in November and not October as expected.

Win10 is a perpetually upgraded OS and TH2 is being followed by Redstone in 2016.

I will wait for Redstone and maybe not so buggy, if I decide on installing it.... Be not the first :rolleyes:

10. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't worry as a customer already was & paid for it big time as in win7 reloaded & a new keyboard because he spilt water on the laptop.

12. aldan

aldan Active member

hey ireland,just using the wd edition so will have to do some digging here.i havent been able to find the wd edition for win10 yet.acronis has a paid version but nothing free just yet.the trial version doesnt seem to have clone functionality.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  13. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  14. aldan

aldan Active member

yep,thats just what i found.in the mean time macrium free supports win10 and works just fine.