1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plays on standalone, but not computer??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dethwing6, Apr 5, 2005.

1. dethwing6

dethwing6 Member

I backed up a movie from DVD+9 to DVD+R using DVD shrink and nero. Every standalone player I have tried, 3 of them, plays the disc fine. But when I put it back in my burner, Pioneer DVR-108 1.19 firmware, it recognizes it as a blank dvd. My girlfriend's dvd drive, some old panasonic drive, won't even read it. I rebooted both computers to no affect.

The blank DVD+R's I used are Verbatim 4x discs, and it burned at 4x speed. Is it something I have to with the region of my computer drive?

Thanks for any help.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you burn it from the pc in question?

i have had simarlar! with ridisc ritek go5 it will burn but wont read it! just media i think! try new type to better match your drive for pc..

3. dethwing6

dethwing6 Member

Yeah, I burned the discs from my computer with the Pioneer drive.

My friend recommended the Verbatim media, he said they were the best. What would you recommend, and should I be using DVD-R's?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

as it happens i have a pioneer 106D and its funny but i use ritek go5, yes i know that one doesnt read back i said in mine but i use like 4 other names of the same dye! all perfect! i just dont buy those ridisc any more!

erm i use ANV GO5 8x at present say about 200 now maybe 250 all good! i used the main ritek go5 8x too. and rivision go5 8x, and silver top 4x go4...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  5. dethwing6

dethwing6 Member

Ok, problem fixed, sort of...

I uninstalled nero, uninstalled cdrwin 5, and reinstalled nero as a demo. Worked for about 4 discs, but then, with seemingly no change, it went back to making discs my burner couldn't read. I put in the serial for ultra edition of nero, but that didn't do anything.

Has anyone used cdrwin 5? Seems it's not even made by golden hawk. I think the problem came from that it wanted to install some drivers when I first put it on.

Any other suggestions? It's obviously software.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ermm? has it changed your aspi layer?

7. dethwing6

dethwing6 Member

hrrrm, that sounds familiar(that CDRWIN did that). But I have no experience with matters regarding that. Care to give me a couple hints?