1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 DVD playback????

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ihatedvds, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Ihatedvds

Ihatedvds Member

Hello, has anyone mastered the art of creating DVDs that will playback on a playstation 2? if so how?

Thanks

2. mydvds

mydvds Member

yes there is use sonic recordnow simply do a axact copy of disc but you do have to have a mod. ps2 console you can get these at modchipworld.com we have one and it works great well worth the money

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you are talking about simply backing up movies then there is no need for the Mod Chip. If you are talking about games then you need the Mod Chip, but your question didn't really say so I'm not sure which it is you are asking?

4. Ihatedvds

Ihatedvds Member

Thanks, sorry if I was not clear I meant playing ripped dvd films. I have another dvd player which rips play fine, but I always seem to get 'error reading disk' or similar messages on the playstation2? any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah its the media you are using. Try getting better quality media. Also if you have an older PS2 I believe a ver 4 or earlier you have to use -R disks, but the newer ones seem to like the +R better, but should be capable of playing both formats. You really need to look at buying some good DVD media like Taiyo Yuden if you plan on watching movies on your PS2 :)

6. Ihatedvds

Ihatedvds Member

Thanks alot, i had no idea the media type made a difference.