1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pleas help, no power, viper, pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by amsol, Jan 31, 2005.

1. amsol

amsol Member

OK i searched but dident find this prob anywhere. Just installed my viper, no problem. Started my cube, booted up origanal, hadent flashed yet couse I wanted to make sure the install was good opened the cover and the sensor bypass worked. I flashed the viper with cobra 4 turned my cube on and nothing, dvd wont spin. The fan works the LED works, my altmeter tells me Im getting power to the chip and the cover sensor everything. My install looks good and I verified my flash. What could possibly be wrong. Thanks

2. gjac1

gjac1 Member

Make sure you have pushed down the connector for the laser unit into the bottom motherboard unit.

It happened to me once after i tweked the laser, i **** myself.

Hope this helps m8

3. amsol

amsol Member

Its in there as far as I can tell with out being able to see it, it looks lined up. Still no power to the dvd. I removed the viper, still no power. It is possible that the yellow wire made contact with the heatsink during reassembly, could this be the cause of my problem and if so can I just install a new dvd drive, thanks

4. speedi

speedi Member

Man Amsol you are so Lucky

Recently I experienced the same thing.

This is the solution.
    Make sure safe mode is on in the Viper tool.
    Than flash with the 0.3 BIOS (very important).
    Compare the written Flash.
    Then it should work again. I played for a while, and than flashed with the 0.4 again. No problems after that.

This was my own cube (Rev 16)

Description of the symptoms.
    No discspining
    No Video
    (I really thought it was dead :)

5. amsol

amsol Member

I think its done for, I removed the viper and still no spin, no original boot, just a black screen. I know a signal is sent to the tv cause the screen flashes then goes black. Is it possible I could save my cube if I reinstall the viper and flash it as you suggested? thanks

6. amsol

amsol Member

The viper is in and running, When I put the lid back on it snagged the yellow wire and instead of pulling the wire off the connector it pulled the connector off the mobo(I know I'm a clumsy fool)I soldier it back to mobo and booted right up. I was so careful I dont know how I let this happen. Im so happy to have it working I dont even care that there isn't any audio, but if by chance anyone knows how I might have killed my audio or how I might fix it please let me know. Thanks