1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please advise

Discussion in 'Audio' started by adolfojm, Sep 27, 2004.

1. adolfojm

adolfojm Guest

I tried to upgrade my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 on the Creative website...had problems and now my computer says it can't locate the following files:

CtkbRes.dll
    CtSuRes.dll
    I've pretty much tried it all....can't find the files....not sure what I would need to do....I know they have to do with the Live 5.1 app....thanks

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Are you using windows XP ? -- You could use System Restore to back it up one day prior to your Sound Blaster update.

3. adolfojm

adolfojm Guest

Thank you for the response.....I went back and tried 2
    restore points to no avail...it still asked for those 2 files.....

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

5. adolfojm

adolfojm Guest

Thanks again Jean....but for the love of Mike....both sites want to charge me 10 euros for each file ---through Paypal....surely there is some kind soul out there that can email me the files....I have a Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 with Windows Xp pro

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Awwwwwww !! did not know those guys were charging that much --! The problem you are having is one that Creative Soundblaster Card 5.1 have when you update drivers. -- Do you still have the old drivers by chance ?

This error is in your Registry -- one way to fix it would be to roll back your installation to your original drivers. Are they on Creative Web Site ?

If you read this , you'll see you not alone :-

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=73957;article=841;title=Computer Talk

FIRST Backup your REgistry.. !!!
    How about you do a search in your Registry for each file and delete those entry on the right !! It seems from what I can undurstand , that those two entries are leftovers from your previous installation and they are not required for the new drivers.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2004