1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!! computer crashes...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DougR6, Jan 6, 2005.

1. DougR6

DougR6 Member

I'm tring to make a backup of "collateral" using shrink 3.2 and nero express. I can't seem to be able to do backups of movies longer than 90 minutes without my computer crashing. I was able to do it once at 4X with an external fan really close to my CPU to cool it down, so I later tried to do it at 2X because on my stand alone the pictures was pixelised. But even with the fan really close, the computer crashed at about 50% burning. Is there anything I can do? I'm losing patience and making too many coasters....

My computer is a brand new pentium 4, 3.2 GHZ, 2 GB ram, I also have a 120 gig HD at 50%, Nero Express 5.5.10.56 version, my burner is a LiteOn 851S with the latest firmware (DR8GSOP), I'm running windows XP home edition and I'm using Ritek Ridata G04 disks. I also do a defrag between each burn.

Thank's for your help!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  2. colw

colw Active member

If overheating is not your problem (should not be with a new system), I would suggest trying an updated version of Nero.

You can download a fully function trail version (31 days) from their website.

If you choose this option, would also suggest downloading and running Nero Clean Tools prior to installation - this will clean out all fragments from your registry.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If this still doesn't work, you may try the Nero + DVD43 combination.

4. DougR6

DougR6 Member

Could it be a burner problem?

If I put the burned disk into my DVD player it plays fine all the way to where it crashed!

Someone suggested that with a LiteOn burner I should use DVD+r instead of DVD-R, what do you thing?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Your burner is a dual format burner so it shouldn't make any difference what type blanks you use(+ or -). You might want to see if there is an updated firmware for your drive at this site or on the Lite-on site.

http://www.rpc1.com.

Jerry

6. DougR6

DougR6 Member

Thank's for the answer!

But it can't be that, I already have the latest firmware. For the burner, it seems that LiteOn burners are more compatible with + than -....

At this point, I'm ready to try anything! It would really s..k if it's just because of bad media.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005