1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help connect my computer to projector

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by pmaknelho, Feb 28, 2007.

1. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

Is it possible to play high def video files from my computer onto a Optoma H57? I'm in the process of building a tower. what hardware components would I need?

Also, can I record high def programing from my cable box to my internal harddrive?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

You should be able to play HD files on the Optoma H57. Any decent ATI or Nvidia based video card with DVI out should work as the Optoma has DVI input. My "older" 3.0GHz P4 with an ATI 9700 Pro handles playback of recorded or downloaded high def *.ts or *.wmv files very well. This should be a breeze for any recent CoreDuo CPU with a Gig of RAM.

If you have a Motorola DCT 64** series cable box here's a guide on how to record HD programming by firewire:

http://replayguide.sourceforge.net/dct6412/

3. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

I looked at some of those cards and they're way too expensive. Its not even worth it unless anyone knows of a good budget buy?

Nevermind. The ones I first started to look at were $2000+. I found a GeForce 7600GT for $130.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007