1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help Copying a PC game.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jum2019, Mar 10, 2005.

1. jum2019

jum2019 Member

I copied a securom V.4 protected game cd without any problems but the game does not load when I try playing it. I have used Nero and Alcohol 120 to make copies and have not been lucky. The original plays without any problems. I noticed that the burned side of the copies are not being fully burned like on the original.

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Not to sure about the Nero, cause when I did my games, I went ahead and just used Daemon with the images.

I would say, if you created the images and stuff, that you might (if you already have not) using the last setting in Nero Express:

Disc Image or Saved Project

also, you may want to check if you have the autostart enabled on your cd-drive, if not, no worries, just double-click the drive through MY COMPUTER.

Other than that, I hope you get it working. Sorry, if this doesn't help.

If you get it working, post a guide on here, that would definatley be helpful.

See ya.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That means the copy isn't good enough to pass verification when you try to run the game.

Nero won't copy PC peotections and A120 isn't very good at SecuROM.

Are you saying that you're trying to copy a burned copy or a factory pressed original?

The make and model drive you use is very important to a successful backup - what are you using?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Just to let you know, your backups won't look the same as your original. The image file will form a ring of data on the cd from the inside out.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

*edit by the star

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005