1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!: DVI or monitor cable from television to PC causing buzzing

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by caiphn, Jun 6, 2007.

1. caiphn

caiphn Member

Hello everyone;

Sorry if this is a common question, I've been googling for about 45 minutes to no avail. Also, if this is the inappropriate website/forum, I appologize in advance! Anyhoo...

I have three PCs. If I hook any of them up via DVI or VGA to my LG 52" television (I could dig up a model, not sure exactly where receipt is, I purchased it some time ago) it omits a very loud buzzing as soon as power is put in to any of the PCs. The only thing hooked up is the PC, the DVI or VGA cable, and the power cable. Well, that's not entirely true, there is also an older Kenwood receiver that I have the television connected to, but I can disconnect that altogether (power wise, at least) and it still makes a buzzing sound over the television speakers. If I change it to HDMI1/DVI on my television, the buzzing will stop, however once I plug in audio at that point, the buzzing returns. I bought a ground loop isolator, and that at least gets rid of the audio buzz, but what can I do, if anything, to get rid of the buzz that occurs just when the PC is plugged in and it's on a mode other than HDMI1/DVI? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

C.

2. caiphn

caiphn Member

Any ideas?

3. caiphn

caiphn Member

Anyone?

4. kringles

kringles Regular member

5. caiphn

caiphn Member

I don't know.. I've tried multiple cables, (3 or 4) being in this price range, little reluctant to buy another one. I'll try and find out, thanks for the input, I still have this issue.