1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help... evox dash wont boot right...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by xxodisxx, May 29, 2007.

1. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

i have smartxx chip with evox dash (main dash), xbmc, avalaunch, etc. i took it to a friends house, plugged it in,turned it on and now the dash wont start up right.worked fine before. it used to be like this.

play games on hdd
    play games in drive
    dvd player dongle free
    emulators
    xbmc
    settings
    reboot
    power off

but now reads like this
    ms dashboard
    reboot
    power off
    settings
    backup

what happend??? i cant get to games on my hard drive or anything??? i pray they r still there... ive been looking for days and cant find help... n e thing will help. thx

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

your evox.ini file is messed up, you can redownload your dash and ftp it back over and you wont have any issues.

3. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

cool thnx. i have no idea where and how to do it but im sure its on the forum somewhere. thx again.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

check xbins, thats the best way to get anything like that.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/1625-how-connect-xbins.html
    there is a great guide on how to access Xbins. Seems like a lot at first but is really not bad. PLus you want to know as they always have the latest updates and programs for Xbox. And the transfers are very fast.

one word of advice, when getting a dashboard there, you will see a folder named EvoX or whatever. Open that folder and do not just download the whole thing. It contains a ton of versions of EvoX that you do not need. PLus Xbins has a limit and it may set you over that giving you a message saying that you should not have been greedy and cutting you off for the day.

6. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

that net channel is awesome, ty very much. k, if i just need to redownload my dash i still probably have all my apps, games, tools, etc. does it matter what version? or would slayers evox auto installer work or would it mess something up? thanks all for the help, im new to the modding.

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you can use slayers, it will install whatever dash you want.

8. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

srry for buggin but the slayers auto installer says it loads all apps etc, i have them so if i run it wont it pretty much double my apps, or will it just reinstall the dash only? again thx for your help, much appreciated

9. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

okay ive read almost every tut on installing evox dash by ftp, but i just cant seem to get it. i downloaded evox dash but its only 1 .rar file??? am i missing something? all the tuts say transfer (file) to c directory, but do i have to delete my old evox files or only copy over my .ini file if i can find one? this xbox is kickin my ass...lol

10. xxodisxx

xxodisxx Member

lol, my bad found the .ini file.