1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! For the love of God, Help me, please!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Paradox13, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Paradox13

Paradox13 Member

I have long hours reading and researching this idea for a very long time, and although I'm not the first to wonder about this perplexing mystery or the theory of how to resolve the problem, the answer(s) have continued to elude me to the point of maddening frustration. So now I have come to you, the intellectual minds that dominate these forums, to try to finally and truly find the answer(s) to my question(s): Can I somehow play Xbox games on my PC? Is it truly, actually possible to do so? And if so, how?

I understand that there are differences in both the file structure as well as logical and physical formats of an Xbox game, but, in the end, it is simply a DVD-ROM PC game with encrypted or encoded software to make it inapplicable to play on a PC. So I don't want to know why it is unable to play in a PC DVD-ROM drive since I already know why, I just want to know if there is some way to play it on my PC? Can it be done?

I tried using the CxBx emulator to try and play Halo 2 on my PC, but for some unknown reason, it wouldn't work. I tried to download the Xeon emulator, but it wouldn't work for some strange reason because it was a RAR file and I don't know how to solve that so I can use that emulator successfully. I thought of the idea of installing the Xbox DVD-ROM drive into my PC to play Xbox games, but do to firmware and software conflicts, it was ruled out also.

I don't want to by a modded Xbox to reconfigure the games in order to play them on my PC, I just want to buy the games and play them on my PC (without using a modified Xbox), so can it be done? Is it possible? If so, how? What do I need to know? What am I doing wrong? What do I need to buy? What do I need to download and/or install? Please don't bull me around, give me the straight answers to my questions or don't bother replying, because I don't care about why, I care about the "if" and the "how." Thanks.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Why not save yourself the stress and buy a PC game.

3. uratowel

uratowel Member

buy an xbox cheap-ass

4. Paradox13

Paradox13 Member

Thanks for the useless, crappy advice that had absolutely nothing to do with my post nor answering any of my questions. Like I said before: don't respond if you have nothing intellignent to to say in response to my question(s).

Ozzy: The problem with buying PC games is that nearly all of them come in the from of a CD-ROM, which sucks ass compared to Xbox & PS2 games, because those types of video games are in DVD-ROM formate, which are better and far much faster, clearer, have larger memory, and produce a far much more superior quality visual and audio experience. Plus since newer games require more and more memory due to their advanced graphics and gameplay capabilities, so for PC's they'll usually come in multiple CD-ROMs, where for an Xbox, they only need one DVD-ROM.

They're making crappy quality games for technologically superior machines.

Uratowel: You're the reason why corporations make video game systems for the intellectually inferior: simple, little computers for simple, little minds. Judging from your very rude and immature comment, you must be a child, one whom is probably no older than the age of 13 or 14. A particularly spoiled child that received their precious, special, little Xbox from their Mommy and Daddy, and wouldn't know anything about the complexities of technology or the value of money if it hit them upside the head.

An Xbox is simply a very cheap computer that can play only games, extraordinary games perhaps, but simply games none the less. A computer can play those exact same games, plus do a whole lot more, with a PC, the options are limitless for upgrading, creating, exploring, and gaming. With an Xbox, you're only limited to the very few features it has to offer compared to a PC. Plus, like that of the Atari 2600, the first Nintendo, and the Sega Genesis, the Xbox will eventually be outclassed, outdated, outperformed, upstaged, beaten, outdone, and made obsolete by another new and more modern gaming system and simply go the way of the dodo, but the PC will forever remain.

They're making technologically superior games for crappy quality machines.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  5. ozy

ozy Regular member

Paradox,
    Sorry if my post was a little blunt. I was getting tired reading so many threads on this site. I should have at least given a decent reply. But what you are saying is correct, a PC should really out class any other game console. To be quite honest, I would'nt have a clue how you could play an xbox game on PC. I believe in the saying "there's no such word as can't"!!

6. shilala

shilala Member

You'll have to open (extract) the rar file with Winrar. Google it. You can also get Winrar at download.com.
    Once you've done that, you can run the exe file and forge on.
    Emulators are not the magic bullet you're thinking of. That magic bullet doesn't exist. Each game requires specific configuration files to play, and very few games are supported.
    Hope this helps!!!

7. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

Simple and short answer, but isn't it due to the file systems?? (i.e. Xbox disks not in NTFS or FAT)

8. shilala

shilala Member

Yes, they call it "hardware based protection".
    I've taken a dip into the "trying to play xbox games on a pc" arena. I found it a lot more trouble than it's worth and gave up the chase. I gave up because there were so many limitations, and it wasn't worthwhile to ME. Some folks may want to play Halo on their PC almost exclusively. If that's the case, then it may be worthwhile to struggle through the learning curve.
    I play the PC counterparts to the xbox games if I'm interested, and if they are available.
    The kids want an xbox for Xmas, and my intent is to mod the box so I can backup the games that they'd otherwise turn into coasters in two days.
    Hopefully that'll satisfy their urge for gaming. If not, they can always play their pc games on one of the two computers in the house that will support them.
    Sorry, that's probably way too much information :)

9. uratowel

uratowel Member

dude, i understand computers and i understand dvd, i werked bought and modded my xbox all my my itty bitty self... and ur also veyr stupid.. and xbox disc reads backwards then a regular pc or dvd game, thast why a regular dvd/cd cant read an xbox game. no u cant play xbox game son ur pc. u hafta buy an xbox, cheapass

10. shilala

shilala Member

That is quite possibly the most pathetic thread I've ever read in a forum.
    Congratulations.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  11. Burn_89

Burn_89 Member

hey i got a question, i got my xbox modded with xenuim and i accidentally formatted the harddrive but i got it fixed. I originally put games on the harddrive and they disappeared after i accidentally formatted the harddrive. But they are still takin up space on it, i originally started with 120 gb, i had 70 after i put the games on and when i got the box back there was 70 on it but the games wernt there, help please

12. Paradox13

Paradox13 Member

Ozy: Thank you for your thoughtful, insightful, and honest response. I can see now why you are a full-fledged member and not a mere newbie like myself or most others in this forum, you are both kind and wise (something that more people like uratowel should try aspiring to). Thanks for your honesty in telling me you did't really know if it was possible or not to play Xbox games on a PC. I too believe in a saying, which is, "to know that you do not know is the beginning of enlightenment."

uratowel: I agree with Shilala, that is quite possibly the most pathetic thread I have ever read in a forum either. I was completely correct in assuming you were a child, but I was giving you far too much credit in thinking you were 13 or 14, you are no doubt to be no older than the age of 6 or 7. Do yourself and the rest of us all a favor and try not to speak, it only makes you look dumber and more foolish each time you do so. Grow up, and don't come back until you've been fully educated, learned some manners, and know how to spell.

Shilala: Thank you very much for all of your info. and advice. I'll try doing what you said and let you what happens, if anything. In any case, I appreciate all of you help in this matter. :)

Burn_89: No offense or anything, but what the hell does your response have anything to do with my posted thread?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  13. pvt213

pvt213 Member

Burn_89: No offense or anything, but what the hell does your response have anything to do with my posted thread?

lol, thats so funny (hold up gimmie a minute)
    xbox emulator for pc hmmmm, from what i understand its a far shot right now. To emulate a console, your pc has to try and emulate all aspects of that console while still running the game. When running a n64 emulator on a celeron 2,8GHz i found some games choppy with bad rendering. In order to emulate an XBOX thoroughly youd need like a pentium 6 wit a kick ass video card.

I think there are emulators currently out there that emulate parts of xbox games such as title screens, intros, menus and stuff, but not actuall gameplay
    well at least not with all layers/sprites & stuff.

Not really all 2 sure about it though keep on searchin and post back if u find sumthin

14. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

paradox - good luck in your quest for new things, and i'm sorry for the way some of these people are acting, i say bravo to you.

all you other people slamming this guy - if it weren't for guys like this you would have no mod chips, homebrew apps, etc etc. back the fusk off, who cares if what he wants might be impossible right now, who's to say he aint the one that will figure out a way to do it and give you freaks new little toys to play with!! grow the hell up and support the guy or keep your mouth shut, if you aren't going to make a respectful and cooperative addition to this thread, kindly STFU, k thx.

I'm sorry but this kinda crap just chaps my ass.