1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help, how to burn dvds off limewire

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fullon, Nov 23, 2007.

1. fullon

fullon Guest

G'day could someone plz tell me how to burn dvds I have an acer computor with windows xp you have to save the dvd first before you can burn it back off but I don't know how also I have limewire and would like to know how to burn movies of it, thanks

2. Mondas

Mondas Member

I have the same computer with XP. What I did was I created a list of 3 folders. I used dvdecrypter to decrypt it. Just before decrypting it will list the files click the folder and put it into one of the 3 folders then decrypt. When that is done you can take the disc out because it's no longer needed. I open my nero and recode it and put the second saved file then recode it. When that is finished I open DVD shrink and use that to burn, With DVDshrink I save to the 3rd file. Then you are done and you can erase the files but before you erase from file 2 check the disc to make sure it plays, if there was an accident or anything you can use file 2 to reburn it. I hope this helped.

3. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

4. fullon

fullon Guest

I downloaded nero and know I can't play movies of limewire

5. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

re-install Limewire

6. gamename

gamename Regular member

to save and burn-use dvdfabhddecrpter to rip to ur harddrive, the file should be under my documents-dvdfab-VIDEO_TS. then use nero7 (recode), to burn. as for burning or viewing files from limewire u will need to know what type of file it is first (avi/wma/mkv). convertxtodvd to burn and something like vlc or media player classic to view.

7. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

I always use convert x for avi. Alchol for image files.

Depends what file type they are in the beginning really.

8. harold300

harold300 Guest

If i were u i would download torrent files. With the right program and the right site u can download them faster and better quality. But if u download movies from limewire and want them on a dvd u must have an converter. I use convertXtodvd. works great and never had any prob's out of it. But if u have a prob. playing the avi or other formats with windows media player download VLC media player. Plays any format and works great. Plus with limwire/frostwire u cant preview the movie ur downloading which sucks because u dont know if ur getting the real movie or not. So with VLC set as ur main media player u can then wait until the movie is downloaded about 10% and then preview it and see if that is what u want or not. Hope this will help a lil. Oh yeah convertXtodvd has its own burning software so after its done converting just pop in a blank and ur done.

9. Mondas

Mondas Member

Try converting them tp vob files.

10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

fullon,
    CovertXtoDVD is the best shareware out there in my opinion. But if you want to go the frugal way, then I suggest DVD Flick, a freeware.

11. fullon

fullon Guest

I downloaded VLC but its still not playing movies I can play music of limewire but not movies I click on lanch and nothing happens, btw thanks for your help.

12. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

If you still have downloaded movies stored in Limewire, move them to another location, like MY VIDEOS. Then uninstall/re-install Limewire. This will reset it's video drivers. When you installed NERO, you most likely configured it to be the default player for your Videos.I've had simular problems and this is the way I was able to get limewire working again.

13. fullon

fullon Guest

I got rid of vlc and resent limewire but still not plying I tryed to download a new movie of limewire but even that wouldn't play

14. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Probably the easiest thing for you to do is to perform a system restore to a point before the problem started. I think you said, it started after you downloaded NERO, so roll back the registry to before the NERO installation. NERO is sometimes a hard program to get rid of, you may have to use a NERO cleaning tool or edit the registry to remove it. Do a disc cleanup and a defrag afterwards. If Limewire still doesn't work uninstall/reinstall it.

15. harold300

harold300 Guest

Really all together u need to get rid of limewire. Go to frostwire there are a lot of ppl having trouble with limewire. I my self usto use lime wire and never had any problems. Try the steps that quickdraw had said and see if that helps. Torrents are so much easier and better. VLC should of played the movie. Under ur C drive add a folder and name it something like Limewire Downloads, go to options in limewire and under saving browse to the folder u just had made and all ur files will go there. Remember try the steps that quickdraw had said. good luck

16. fullon

fullon Guest

I might give that a go harold300 coz now I back where I started from once again thanks for all your help.

17. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Check this out. Frostwire, is only a branch of Limewire. At download.com, notice Frostwire has 1 million downloads, while Limewire has 128 million downloads. Read the article, OUT OF CONTROL, this explains why users are complaining about P2P file sharing site download problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FrostWire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LimeWire

http://www.reason.org/outofcontrol/archives/2007/10/comcast_and_p2p.html

http://www.download.com/3000-2166_4-10752692.html

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=frostwire&tag=srch

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  18. harold300

harold300 Guest

Quickdraw...i had read alot on limewire latly and boy Ol boy...there are a lot of ppl complaing...hell limewire just went to court!!

19. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Hi! Harold,
    Do you have the link were I can read about Limewire's court deal?

20. harold300

harold300 Guest