1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help im a mess

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

I h=jsut got my dvd burner and im using dvd shrink and decryptor my i have yet to make a good dvd every time i try i get to about 75 percent finished and i get

Write operation was not successful

A write emergency occurred: unexpected disturbance during write.

Please check if the medium is clean and the recorder is positioned on a stable surface.

Driver error code = 02030c00h .

The disc is not successfully recorded

so then i changed my write speed to 2x to see if taht woudl help and now i get

I/O Error
    Device: [1:0:0] Sony DVD RW DRU-710A BY01 (E:) (ATA)
    Scsistatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: check condition
    CDB: 2A 00 00 1B C0 00 20 00
    Interpretation: write (10) – sectors: 1806016 – 1806047
    Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: write error

thanks for your time

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What brand of blank media are you using? The error code could be from cheap, poor quality media. It almost sounds like the blanks are off balance and not spinning right. Another possible cause would be the drive itself is defective, but I would try some different brands of good quality media before saying its the drive.

Jerry

3. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Il try some new blank dvd's thanks i hope it works, if there are ne more sugestions id love to here them

4. Col_t

Col_t Guest

The media i was using was cicero and it was liek 50 bucks for 100 blank dvd's so taht coudl be it

5. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I got this same error message with roxio basic 6 installed. Removed it completely and my troubles went away.Good,quality media is a must. I found out the hard way.

6. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

hi , I agree good quality discs are a muat! I also use dvd shrink/decrypter/ but i also have other alternatives on my pc just in case anawkward dvd comes along, I have any dvd plus dvd2 options I found roxio wasnt much good for dvds well not the version i have , I too tried lower burning speeds as i had freezing pics etc and changed blanks I use mostly ritek but its best to try a few to see what your drive /pc/ystem likes,maxell produce good results but are expensive , I suggest trying decrypter or anydvd with elbys dvd2 to burn the discs ok it will cost for the shep but a good program hope that helps