1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP, IM DESPERATE!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Audac1ty, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

Hi, I soft modded my xbox about 5months ago or so, maybe less and everything worked 100% to my knowledge, i had no problems loading the modded maps, or makin modded maps, or takin the modded maps off. The only problem is when I go to the MS Dashboard to make a new accnt it says "XBOX Live can't connect, would you like to troubleshoot" and it won't work, i've tried everything. So now i can't make a new accnt. I can sign into xbox live when playing a game, its just the ms dashboard won't allow me to connect when tryin to create a new accnt. I don't know what it could be, maybe I need to remove the UnleashX thing from my xbox? If so, how do I do that? or does anyone else have any other suggestions???? Please help, thank you!!

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

which dashboard is your default dashboard? can you boot directly to ms dash?

3. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

My default is unleashX, and i can boot ms dashboard through unleash x

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so there is noway for you to boot directly to ms dash. Then you are not safe to go Live. You can fix you ms dash by download Ms dash from #xbin and reintall it through ftp.

5. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

can I talk to you through MSN or yahoo? or Aim, so you can walk me through it please

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I don't have messeger.
    I'm not sure it will work or not. I am try to reinstall ms dashboard and hope it will help to connect online.

So first thing, do you have ms dash like you did back up before softmod? you can download it from #xbins.

you also need to know how to ftp.

7. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

I didn't make a backup:( and i don't know anything aboud #xbin, i've never heard of that lol, also, by ftp im assuming you meen where I type in my xbox IP into the web address bar so i can view my xbox hard drive, is that what FTP is? if not, then what is it?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes. connect xbox to pc and ftp. It will allow you to access xbox hdd. YOu will see C, E, X,Y,Z drive on xbox hdd. If you can do this, it is great.

here #xbins instruction
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

9. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

just to be sure, can you walk me through it really fast, cuz when i type it in, it just says can't connect, like it has been so long since i've done, i don't remembe if you need anything or what.

10. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

well my xbox won't connect on xbox live unless im wireless. I know that sounds weird, but its true. If I connect directly to the xbox through the modem, it would let me go online in a game. Cuz i was just reading one of your threads replying to a guy, about dashupdate, and i was gonna try that, but it won't let me go online if im directly connected. Do these problems sound familiar, anymore suggestions?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes you can try dashupdate.

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

YOu can connect to xbox live with wireless but not directly through the modem. This sound like the settings in ms dash. So ms dash is ok then.

Load ms dash, then go to setting, then go to Ip. what do you have there?

13. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

so what do you suggest i do? like im tryin to make a new accnt, i can already go online to xbox live to play games online, but i can't go on through the dashboard to make another account, any ideas what to do?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you have gosh recon? it has a dashupdate. try to update your dash.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

actually I don't really know what is wrong with your ms dash.
    I only know one thing now is to update or to reinstall the ms dash.

16. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

can you tell me how to reinstall? thats what i wanna do, i just wanna start everything all over with no mods:D

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok you need to download ms dash from #xbins first. instruction is above.

18. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

ok, i did that, that was a great tutorial, now that i did that, now what?

19. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

actually i take that back, i need help finding the ms dash on here, im in the dashboards section, but there isn't one listed as MS DASH

20. Audac1ty

Audac1ty Member

you still with me man?