1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help iphone jailbroken now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by icedman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. icedman

icedman Member

Just had a few questions, i am very thankful for any help. First can i still update my old non cracked apps through app store if jailbroken and how about cracked apps. Second can i manually add apps ive downloaded from pc to iphone or through installous only, if i can manually install apps what program works. is there a program so i can store my cracked apps on my pc for later use. can i sync with itunes now that ive jailbroken?

Thank You

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Hi! ^o^

Yes you can still update all your purchased apps through the app store.

Cracked apps can be installed in two different ways:

1. Download and install them through installous. You will need appsync for your firmware to be installed to sync these apps to the PC.

2. Create a folder to store your cracked apps in which you downloaded on your comp and drag and drop all the IPA files into iTunes. You will also require appsync installed on your device to do this method.

And yes, you are always able to sync with itunes after a jailbreak. What'd be the point if you couldn't? lol

Hope that helps...

3. icedman

icedman Member

Thank You for your help. Just had a couple more question, how can I check if I have appsync installed? Also wondering what will happen if I updated cracked app with app store?

Thank You

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

If you installed installous from the official repo (http://cydia.haculo.us/) it will have automatically installed appsync. If you didn't, go into Cydia, the manage, then packages and check for Appsync.

If you try to update a cracked app with an app from the app store, your iphone will explode... If you have an ipod touch, you will be fine... :p jk

You wil get a message saying something to the effect of, this offer is only available if previously purchased. You can stop app store from asking you to update cracked apps by installing "metadataremovr". installous has an update section, so always check for app updates there.