1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me! I'm having problems w/ dvd2one

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by lombardy, Dec 26, 2006.

1. lombardy

lombardy Member

Hi, I have been trying to burn a dvd all day long and I can't seem to figure this out. I ripped the dvd in mac the ripper and i am trying to compress it in dvd2one following with toast 7, but everytime in dvd2one I am about to start the process it says: the destination disk does not have enough free space to store the contents of the output (4.33)GB. I keep trying to put it in different folders and it won't work. Please help me if you can! I also have another question.... when I go to click start processing, a box comes up and at the top it says output type: file set, image, or burn. Which one should it be on? Is that why it isn't working for me? I have it set on file set. Thanks for the help I would really appreciate it!
    Kristine

2. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello lombardy,

First, check to see if you have 4.33 GB of free space on your Mac's hard drive. Double-click your hard drive icon on the desktop. (If you haven't renamed your hard drive icon, it should read Macintosh HD.) The bottom of the window that appears will tell you how much free space is 'available' on your hard drive. Do you have at least 4.33 GB available?

Secondly, if you want to save to your hard drive and then burn to DVD with Toast:

1. Eject the DVD in your DVD drive.

2. Ensure that you can play the VIDEO_TS file you created with MacTheRipper on your hard drive with Apple's DVD Player.

2. Open DVD2OneX.

3. Select 'Make a full disc copy' in DVD2OneX.

(If you chose to make anything other than a 'Full Disc Extraction' with MacTheRipper, you may have to remove the 'zero cells'.)

4. Assuming that you are making a 'full disc copy' in DVD2OneX, browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive and select 'Choose'.

5. Under DVD2OneX's "Settings', ensure that 'DVD-R(W)' is selected in the 'Output' drop-down menu.

You should be all set to compress now.

6. Then, run Toast and either 1) select the 'Data' tab and select 'DVD-ROM (UDF)' from the 'Formats' side drawer or 2) select the 'Video' tab and select 'DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS' from the 'Formats' side drawer.

Then, drag and drop your compressed files into Toast and you should be all set to burn to DVD.

All the best.

3. lombardy

lombardy Member

Thank you so much for responding so fast and for the help, but I do have another question. I only have 2.33GB left on my hard drive... so is it not possible for me to do it then? Or do I have to start deleting things on my computer to get more space?
    Kristine

4. lombardy

lombardy Member

Okay, I figured that part out.... I now have 9.25GB... so I tried to do it again, and it started.... and it looks like it's going to go through.... and 5 mins into it, something pops up that says: "the application dvd2onex2, mac os x and other applications are not affected, click try again to temporarily restore the applications default settings and open it again. Click report to see more details or report to apple." So I keep trying to click the try again button and it brings me through the whole process again.. and I just can't seem to get it... So if you have any idea about that, I would really appreciate your help, since I am getting so aggrivated, thank you!
    Kristine

5. scav2000

scav2000 Member

Something else to try, is forget DVD2One.

Toast 7 has it's popcorn functionality built in which does the same thing.

I'm guessing you have a Video_ts file after Mac The Ripper? I'm not sure if the compress to fit on 1 DVD option is available to Video_TS files in Toast (Toast is at home, I'm at work). If it is, use it.

If not, use Toast to make a Disc Image of your Video_ts file. Then copy the new disc image in Toast, using the compress setting.

Now, you do need enough hard drive space to do this with. But otherwise it works just fine.

6. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello lombardy and scav2000,

lombardy:
    Apparently, you now have enough hard drive space, but your application is crashing. From your post, I cannot tell which application(s) are crashing. Perhaps you can be more specific about the application(s) you are running when you get the error report you mentioned.

If you don't want to deal with either 'zero cells' or other complications, 1) get the latest version of MacTheRipper, version 3.0 r13e, and do a 'Full Disc Extraction'; 2) then, use DVD2OneX to compress.

Also, the error you may be getting may be due to a lack of hard drive space. Remember, that you need space for the MacTheRipper file (approximately 7 GB) plus the DVD2OneX compressed file (approximately 4 GB). Therefore you need more than 11 GB of hard drive space to save both files to your hard drive.

If you don't have enough hard drive space, try burning to DVD directly from DVD2OneX.

scav2000:
    Although you can compres and burn a MacTheRipper rip with Toast, many people use DVD2OneX to compress because it offers a better quality compression than Toast.

Regards.

7. scav2000

scav2000 Member

David: good to know...I'll give it a try and compare the results.

8. lombardy

lombardy Member

Thank you both for the help! I really appreciate it.

9. Macrel

Macrel Member

i was just reading and i have a problem of my own so i hope you dont mind me putting it here. i am unable to play my ripped dvd at all,does anyone know why?and also when i go to open DVD2oneX2 it looks like its about to open but then just doesnt!does anyone know why that is? and just so you know im using a mac.

help would be much appreciated!