1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me!!! Lord of the rings two towers

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jayscott, Mar 19, 2005.

1. jayscott

jayscott Member

Please help,

I am trying to decrypt The lord of the rings the two towers (special extended addition) with dvd decrypter.

I was able to decrypt and burn the second disk but I am continually getting the following I/O error when trying to decrypt the disk one.

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB:28 00 00 1B BD 68 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10)-sector: 1817960

Sense Area:70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00
    00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

Abort Retry Ignore

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  2. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Looks to me like you might need to clean the disc or it may be hitting a spot on the disc that will not read due to a scratch or dirt, etc...

3. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

i have gotten the same error message during the beggining of "the forgotten" and "Big Fish" havent been able to fix it though. i cleaned the disc and it still wants to do it. let me know if you figure it out.

4. jayscott

jayscott Member

Thanks I will try to clean the disk (however, it looks new). I will let you know what I come up with.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Always make sure your discs are as clean as possible before you rip them. Buff them out the best you can. Even the slightest mar can effect the ripping process.

Another thing to keep in mind is that no DVD-Video is 100% free of errors. A lot of times you can have a disc with a sloppy press and not know it because dvd players are pretty forgiving with these. The problem comes up when you try to rip it. It is possible for some new DVDs to have scratches if it has been handled roughly or come off the disc holder while inside the shrink wrapped case. You may just want to exchange the movie if all other options fail.

There are some movies like the tristar/columbia releases since mid december(Arcoss) that may make it impossible to rip without the proper ripping tools(Decrypter, anydvd, etc.). Hope this helps some of you out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005