1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me with pcsxbox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by dorian614, Feb 11, 2006.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

I have searched this site for the answer to my question and I haven't really found anything I've understood, so I'm hoping if I ask the right question here, I'll get an answer that I actually understand... please excuse my ignorance...

Okay, I have downloaded pcsxbox, and have it waiting to be ftp'ed to my softmodded xbox... Now, when I ftp into my xbox.... exactly what files do I put where??

2. dorian614

dorian614 Member

I will rarely bump a thread but I really need help on this.. thanks.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok. Do you have E and F on xbox? Which dashboard do you have? Where are your emulators at?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

ofcourse he has an E Drive,what dash are you using just make a folder named "Apps" in your E Folder and ftp to that folder.....

5. dorian614

dorian614 Member

Gotcha, thanks guys.. Put it in the E drive inside of an Apps folder that I make.. Just so you know. I used the Crazyie 2.8 softmod using Splinter Cell.. there is nothing else loaded on the xbox but the softmod itself. Evox I believe.

The Files I have for PCSXbox.... should it be an ISO file or a .exe file?? I got it off bitcomet, and there were quite a few things that came with it... I don't want to bork my Xbox.

And thanks again.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

there should be a .xbe in there if there is not then u have the emulator for the comp and not for the xbox....if there is a .xbe in there then ftp the whole folder...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  7. dorian614

dorian614 Member

cool beans, thank you so much... and for the record, does that mean that I can run PSone games from a DVD I create that has the origional games bin and cue files on it?? Or do I have to take the bin and cue files, and make them into an iso??

8. theridges

theridges Guest

i dont know i havent messed with the playstation emulator yet but probably have to make an iso....

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

NO iso for pcsxbox. You have to make .bin and .cue
    You can download and install CDRwin. Then use it to rip PSX game into .bin and .cue

10. theridges

theridges Guest

well there you go........

11. dorian614

dorian614 Member

Okay... I got pcsxbox on my xbox, I'd like to thank you guys for that....now I have more problems though..

I have the image files for 3 discs of final fantasy 7 saved on my pc. from what I understand, I have to convert that to .bin and .cue files?? How do I go about doing that?

I have a stock hard drive on my xbox, so putting that on my hard drive isn't something I want to do, I'd like to play the games from a disc I make... can somebody help me with that??

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You can download any program as long as it has option to rip PSX game CD into .bin and .cue
    As I said above, CDRwin will do it.
    If you want to convert images to .bin and .cue, this maybe hard. I dont know how to convert them either.

13. dorian614

dorian614 Member

So if I take a PSone CD, and rip it, making a .bin and .cue file, do I then just burn it to a DVD using nero to make a data DVD, and put that in the Xbox to run the game?? Or do I have to use something like Qwix to make an Xbox specific DVD?? Or does the game have to be on a CDRW?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

When you are done ripping. You will have 2 file: .cue and .bin
    Then transfer them into game folder inside the pcsxbox. And play

15. dorian614

dorian614 Member

so there is no way to play the games from a DVD?

16. Coxy_69

Coxy_69 Member

The Way i do it is to Burn to a CD/RW the re-rip to Bin & Cue (Time Consuming i Know) Then i put the Files onto DVDRW (I use Minus as my Xbox hates Plus) then plonk it my drive. I then boot The prog, but, i must confess i cant say i have tried FF7 as i seem to be only playing 1 Disc Games. I presume it will be the same as just one disc, select file required then play.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

there should be a way that I dont know of.