1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me with this PAYPAL thing ASAP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by miltonap, May 12, 2007.

1. miltonap

miltonap Member

Hey, I recently found something I wanted to buy on Ebay and I already had a Paypal account prior to that. The thing is that at the time I needed to verify my account I couldnt remember my bank of america user name and password so I could transfer funds directly. So after I tried guessing the combinations after the 3 times per limit, I had to resort to telling paypal the 2 deposit amts. that went into my account. So after doing that, I try to transfer 5 bucks from my bank account to my paypal account to buy the item and it says it will take 3-4 transfer days!!!!!This is all because I didnt have the user name and password from my bank of america account although I recently just found the paper with the info after verifying my account. Is there any way I can let paypal know that I have my user name and password instead of having to wait 3-4 days for things to transfer instead of being able to do it automatically? I've looked through and there are no options any more for this and I cant make a new paypal account because the bank information is the same. HELP

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there are phone contact details somewhere in paypal so you can speak to a real person, however it's possible you have to wait as paypal isn't the most flexible thing out there. When it's all setup it's great but while you're waiting for something automated to finish setting up it's a downright pain

3. miltonap

miltonap Member

Oh this sucks. I really hope I don't have to wait 3-4 days JUST to get my money into my Paypal account. That'd be so long doing that and then waiting until the payment reaches the person.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'd used paypal for ages and loads of ebay buys before i hit some kind of limit and they informed me i needed to 'setup a bank account'; took about 2 weeks to setup though most of that time was lost due to the paypal instructions being pants ie i needed to click on some UN-obvious tickbox (that it allowed me to not click on in the beginning - what kind of idiot designed that functionality) before it would start the 'paypal dumps 2 small amounts in your bank account before you can set things up' stage. I was not amused. I believe the next hurdle i have yet to face will be the 'become verified' stage. Not going to be amused about that one if so, as my folks lost quite some weeks on that stage. As i say when paypal is working it's great but when you're in one of these stupid automated stages you're in limbo. I'm sure paypal was setup by someone with half a brain.

Last edited: May 13, 2007