1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please HELP me!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 8u88|3, Jan 4, 2005.

1. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

Please HELP me!!

I've got an xBox v1.0 and an "expert" which i paid him,modded it for me.I didn't know which chip was going to install...actually I was a total noobie 8 months ago..and i didn't know the chips @ all..One day I decided to open my xBox to see which chip I had and from some fotos i recognised it..I have an Alladin chip (don't know which one though). Everything was fine...I installed my eVox...i backed up my games..suddently..one rainy day..:)) the problem came up..First game that the problem showed up was Ninja Gaiden...xBox totaly freezed!!!then other games followed by, like Pro Evolution Soccer 4, LOTR:Third Age and last The URBZ SIMS.as i play these games my xbox totaly freezes and i have to reset it..this happens in "dead" points of each game, mostly when it tries to load..what i ment is when i m playing Pro for example it never freezes during the match...it freezes at half time or at the end of the game...In LOTR i make the same save in 9 slots (like backing up the save) because from some slots it loads the game the next time, but from some others...it freezes and makes that awfull sound..
    Things that i have tried:
    There is nothing wrong with my Dvd Drive (at least i thing) because the backups of these games have made from this drive and play fine all the way in two other xboxs (tested for 2 months and never freezed!!). And also i placed the games into the hdd but same thing happened.. So there is nothing with my dvd drive and nothing with the backups, they just work fine.
    1.) Turn off IGR (Evolution X)
    Problem:
    The IGR in Evolution X has been known to have issues with some setups. Turning it off and using an IGR in your BIOS will alleviate any potential problems with games locking up on the "loading" screen.
    Solution:
    IGR (or In Game Reset) is toggled on/off through your evox.ini. It resides in three separate places: [Misc], [FTP] and [RDTOOLS]. Make sure each instance of IGR in the evox.ini file looks like the following:
    IGR = No
    You can either do this in Evolution X through System Utilities/Settings (remember to save and exit) or by editing your evox.ini file and uploading it to your Xbox via FTP.
    2.) Patch the Game
    Problem:
    A media check (read: copy protection) in newer games causes the game to lockup during loading. This usually occurs later than an IGR game freeze. All games released after February 2003 contain this media checks and it has several variations. The media check has been put in place so that the Xbox can verify that the game disc is a legitimate copy.
    Solution:
    The game can be patched any number of ways.
    Backup to DVD (PC)
    You can use a patching program such as Craxtion, Qwix or ADR Patcher. These programs are designed to go through the XBE files on your computer and actually patch them to remove the media checks.
    Backup to Hard Drive (Xbox)
    There are programs that will auto patch games while backing them up to the hard drive. These programs include dvd2xbox and Px-HDD Loader.
    BIOS Upgrade
    Newer BIOS versions (Xecutor 4977 or later, Evox M7 or later) can auto patch games on the fly. This allows you to play backed up games on your modded Xbox even if they contain the media check.
    3.) Set Your System Clock
    Problem:
    Games tend to freeze during game play. This will often happen when games are auto saving and run into errors (i.e. the Xbox reporting a date of 11-15-2001).
    Solution:
    Set your system clock through MS Dashboard/settings. If you leave your Xbox unplugged for 4 hours or longer the clock will need to be reset when you boot it back up.
    4.) Clear Your Cache
    Problem:
    When you load games, the loads are temporarily stored in "cache" to speed up load times. This works on the same principle as web browsing. HTML files and images are temporarily stored in a cache or temporary directory so that the sites you visit the most often don't have to load the same graphics and text again and again, increasing the speed of your web browsing. Games do the same thing so that your load times speed up.
    Occasionally these cache files will get corrupted or will not erase properly. This and causes a game to freeze or not load properly.
    Solution:
    Delete your cache files. The following directories can be emptied (delete all the files inside, not the directories themselves).
    E:\CACHE
    X:\
    Y:\
    Z:\
    5.) Delete Save Game Files (Last Resort)
    Problem:
    A corrupted save game file makes it impossible for a game to launch properly or the game freezes when trying to load a game.
    Solution:
    Delete the save game files for that game. Obviously this is a last resort because no one wants to lose all the progress they've made in a given game. Your game saves are located in the following directories:
    E:\TDATA
    E:\UDATA
    These directories are pretty hard to decipher on their own. You would be best served to download XBox-Saves Manager. This program, if you are not familiar with it, will FTP into your Xbox and allow you to read the save game files to see what games they represent. You can then delete the offending file from the game giving you trouble.
    Finally i figured that it was the hdd especially from how the LOTR was reacting...so i installed a knew hdd 60GB.That's it i said...one week and no freezing at all...until yesterday..same thing happened and happens all the time...:(((

Thx 4 ur time...

Please HELP me!!

2. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

You wrote all that for nothing.Tell me whats the problem and what u wanna do.

3. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

suddently all the games i try to play freeze at some point and have to reset the xbox. i wrote all that so u dont tell me to do stuff i already have done. its not my dvd drive cause same thing happens if i play the game from the hdd and its not a bad copy cause in two other xboxes play just fine..any ideas?
    thx in advance!!

4. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

any ideas???

5. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

ok similar problem to a lot of xboxes as i can see...some of them i guess they have found a solution and some not...here's what i've tried so far...any new ideas plz...
    1.) Turn off IGR (Evolution X)
    2.) Patch the Game
    3.) Set My System Clock
    4.) Clear My Cache
    5.) Put the video mode to auto
    6.) Delete Save Game Files
    7.) Change hdd
    (with 6 and 7 I played a while...making me thought that i 've fixed it...before it started to freeze again)
    8.) Change twice the IDE cable with brand new ones..
    9.) it's not dirty...I've cleaned it with a blower

[Bold]what i 'm thinking now is that it wasn't only one thing that had a prob and maybe it was a combination...let's say the hdd and the dvd drive (<---it's the only thing i haven't changed yet)...question on that...can i put any dvd i want or has to be a specific one?[/bold]

thx for ur time!!!

6. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

This is a tricky one. Maybe there is a bad chip on your xbox motherboard, the ram chip or the processer. Its either that or a bad BIOS. Try re flashing the BIOS with a different one from a relible source and if that does not work change the motherboard(make sure you unlock the HDD with carpet magic before you remove the old on)