1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help meee

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mopom, Sep 27, 2006.

1. mopom

mopom Member

First let me tell you what I got. I just purchased a 61 Inch JVC HD-ILA tv model number HD61Z575. Cable company is Mediacom.

Problem is this. I wish to get the HD channels but do not want to use a box. I was told by and read that my tv has a Built In Cable card tuner. I was told this by a JVC employee that all I needed to do was call Mediacom and give the my model number and maybe serial number and they could send me the channels. Not thinking I hung up happy and then noticed my areas HD channels start at 840 but my tvs tuner ONLY gos up to like 125. So even if they send the channels how in the world would I even watch them? I might sound like a moron and with HDTV I probably am. What do I need to watch my ares HD channels?

2. david66

david66 Regular member

you will need a hd cable box to receive hd channels but check with your cable company

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Your set has a QAM tuner which it won't be able to fully utilize untill you get the decryption card for your cable network from your cable company. Analog/Basic cable only goes up to about 132. Using the 64-QAM bandwith compression scheme the Digital cable channels can go into the thousands.

Just call you cable company and ask for a cable card.

Do you know that the cable card is a one way device? That means no on-demand, pay-per-view, or tv guides!

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006