1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help My Xbox Is Being Lazy

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by singler3, Feb 23, 2004.

1. singler3

singler3 Member

I have a version 1 xbox professionally modded with a executor 2 it also has a tompson dvd drive.
    It has bios that loads burnt games (I don't know which one). I have no problem reading burnt dvd-r movies or burnt games. My xbox will not seem to read the evolution x dash board I am burnig. I have followed various instructions on how to burn the dash board, and used plenty of different types of discs on different burners. My tompson drive likes 4x princo dvd-rs witch I burn. I have tried dvd-r, cd-rw and cd-r but it just dose not want to read the dash board.
    May be I am not using a good copy of evox, It is the only one I can find though.

Is there any other ways that I could get the dashbaoard onto my xbox.
    Pease Email me ***email address removed by moderator for violation of forum rules***
    No email addresses please - thx Darthnip

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

Are you burning just the EvoX files or are you putting a dummy file on the disc as well? A dummy file is just a large (200-500mb) file to fill the CD up, pushing the EvoX files further out on the CD. The XBOX seems to read it better like that.

To make a dummy file, just pick a file or directory and make a ZIP or RAR file out of it. Add that file to your EvoX files then make an xISO out of them all (I prefer using Craxtion for this). Burn the image that you get, and it should work then.

3. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

Dont put your e-mail address on the main forum, you should gt people who want to help you to PM their e-mail address to you.

If snoosy's advice doesn't help post back here and I will PM you my e-mail and see if we can get you going!

4. singler3

singler3 Member

Hi thanks for the help snoosy I have burned it following your instruction but my xbox still will not read the disk. I have beening trying to solve this problem for quite a while now and considering buying a new preformatted hard drive. Would this solve the problem?

5. alas

alas Member

did you make the evox disc using "burn image" (for nero)? when you try burning it as a data disc, it will not work

6. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

A new HDD wont make a difference. You will still need to make a boot disk to install the dash from.

Have your tried following seamonkeys guides as they do work!

7. singler3

singler3 Member

I burnt it to a dvd-rw today and it seems to work fine, my xbox is wierd. Thanks for your help