1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help. Need to get vid cam VOB files converted to run in Final Cut Pro on OSX mac

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nemutus, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Nemutus

Nemutus Member

Hi guys,

Please bear with me this is a bit long.

I am in a tight spot here. I just borrowed a panasonic mini DV cam and recorded old 8mm home movies onto mini DVDr's but the files are VOB's and final cut pro 4 will not recognize them. I have no prior digital movie editing experience and never thought to select a different format when recording. I am very well versed in digital stills and the default jpg runs on anything and i assumed that the default recording encoding would be compatible with final cut but its not because they are VOB files.

The panic is that one of my Das old friends who moved away is turning 65 and there is footage of him as a teenager that I need to get done by tonight cause they leave tomorrow morning. The poor guy was involved in a car accident and is now paralzed so its pretty important to us to get this done.

All I need to know is what software is OSX friendly that I can convert the files with to get them imported into final cut pro. Or perhpas there is a plug in or perhaps even a better software with which to try to do this? All I need to do is grab certain segmnents of these home movies and splice them together and add some music. Please advise I am very short for time. Thanks in advance.

2. Nemutus

Nemutus Member

ttt anyone?