1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help newb with starview 2 the box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by djmeeg, Oct 4, 2007.

1. djmeeg

djmeeg Member

Hi, if you could please offer me some help people with this box that would be great.

I have just bought a starview 2 the box.

Ok iam on NTL which is now Virgin. So i followed the instructions sent to me and do the automatic scan. This returns no channels at all. It says failed on every little scan it does in the list. I then did the scan on telewest and it found 200 channels. Although some of them dont work and appear to be all the free channels. My other cable box can receive sky sports but this starview doesnt. Can you please offer assistance.

like i said it picks up on 6952 but not 6887

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Press menu and system info and post what it says please. You may be bordering on providers and may have to input all codes.

3. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

You say you managed to get 200 channels using telepest as the provider. If you go to a channel, say sly movies, any of them, do you get a message on screen saying "Bad or scrambled channel".
    If you get that message, press MENU, then 1570. At the bottom of that menu is an entry "Key EMU", you need to make sure that is on.
    You should also be running version 4.51 of the firmware. To find out what firmware you have, press MENU, go to System Information, and the firmware version is beside API.
    If you still can't get the channels, come back and let us know what firmware version is installed.

4. djmeeg

djmeeg Member

hi everyone sorry for the delay ok this is what infomation i get.

API ver:4.5e_E Boot ver : 7.0

9 July 2007

5. mants

mants Member

Hi, I seem to be in the same boat as djmeeg - got my box last week, then discovered that N*L has diconnected my tv cable when they installed my broadband but anyway its all back connected now.
    I've done the firmware download (version 4.51e_E) but when i do the autoscan it picks up zero channels. After reading the original post by djmeeg i tried t*lewest and got over 100 channels, typed 1570 and just got a 'bad or scrambled channel' message, no sign of the 'key emu' entry? I'm in Warrington by the way.

Again, any help really appreciated as i'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff.

p.s. how do you go about inputting codes - will this be needed as sc0user mentioned?

Cheers in advance.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

If you found channels that firmware might be ok but will not autoroll the codes if they change but the correct firmware for "THE B0X" for the UK is 4.51 and can be found in the link at the bottom of my post

You can go here to get the latest codes and input them manually
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

To see step by step instructions to do this click here
    http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu then 1570 to turn EMU key ON

You have the latest firmware installed so you wont need to input codes as it will do it for you automatically :)

You can go here to get the latest codes http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

To see step by step instructions to do this click here
    http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon

8. djmeeg

djmeeg Member

Hi yes i have the latest software also installed. Can anyone else who is having this problem with NTL please let me know how they solved this problem. It should work on NTL selected iam thinking seeming thats who iam with ?????