1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help no picture or sound when connected to tv

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by swozem, Feb 11, 2003.

1. swozem

swozem Guest

please help me im only a newbie and its probably a simple solution but when I conect my lap top up to my tv and try and play a movie I don't get a picture or sound. im uing xp and I heard something about the imge being scrambled but I cant ind a solution anywhere please help im about to cry

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Just for clarification, when you connect to the TV do you see anything on the tv before you play the movie, ie; does your desktop show on the tv? I've seen laptops and PC's where you have to go to the video settings and change to output to a tv or reboot after you've connected to the tv for it to recognize it.

3. swozem

swozem Guest

yeah I get the desktop picture but when I go onto media player all I get is a black screen where the picture should be

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

You could try another media player or maybe try switching to fullscreen mode in WMP. Also, I'm a stickler for asking the obvious, you have played the movie successfully without connecting to the tv right?

5. oakgramps

oakgramps Member

What kind of video board do you have? I have Nvidia, and had the same problem. Nvidia helped me resolve it.Have you gone into Control Panel to set your TV as "clone"? If you want to discuss this further with me, send to oakgramps@aol.com

6. swozem

swozem Guest

yeah it does play it also plays while its connected to the tv the only problem is that the picture doesn't come up on the tv its just black I have also tried using divx but I have the same problem I read somewhere that the image is being scrambled to prevent piracey is this the case and how do I fix it

7. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

try right clicking on the desktop then go to properties then settings then advanced then view and click on output service and click on TV make sure you have the correct region output for your TV