1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help...No sound on completed VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fox92, Feb 20, 2003.

1. fox92

fox92 Member

Hi..Thanx for taking the time to hear me out. I just made a VCD which played the picture fine...but unfortunately NO sound. The process of making this VCD included the use of
    1) VirtualDub
    2) TMPGEnc
    3) Nero 5.5

This is the site that I visited to get some info and instructions.
    http://www.phast1.com/guts/avivcd.html
    Please tell me what you think and If I am indeed doing something wrong. The picture plays fine...just NO sound.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Check the mpeg on your computer aftr you have encoded it with tmpgenc, is there sound in it?

3. faar

faar Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2003
  4. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

try to used avi audio decomprision it works for me.

5. faar

faar Member

Ripper1,

Do you have instructions or a site, how I can do this?

regards

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Open the file in VirtualDUB.

1. Click video - direct stream copy
    2. Click audio - full processing mode
    3. Click audio - compression. Click No Compression PCM and click ok.
    4. Click File - Save as AVI.

The avi saved should have audio in the output using tmpgenc!

7. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

faar go to www.dvdrhelp.com/tools and downloand avi2vcd encoder. after you download the sofware and installed, used the decompress.exe to convert your audio to pcm. then make your when you used the tmpgnec to encode vcd change the value to 44.1 insted of 48bitrate

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2003
  8. Blatz

Blatz Member

I had the same problem with some avi files not converting with the sound. I figured out that if i use virtual dub to uncompress the audio in the avi file and then use tmpgenc to encode the video it works. But just out of curiosity why does tmpgenc only recognize some video's as having audio with them. for most avi's that i encode tmpgenc recognizes the audio fine but for some avi's (i've come across two so far), tmpgenc acts as if the avi doesn't even have audio. it doesn't give me an error message or anything it just doesn't encode with audio. I don't understand this b/c when i look at the codec information these two files have the same mp3 audio codec as the others that don't have the problem. the only difference i can find between these two files and my others is that the video codec on the two that audio doesn't work is div3 (divx 3 low motion) while i noticed that the working files have a div3/div4 (divx 3 fast motion codec). i think this could be the problem but it doesn't make sense because that's a video codec and i'm having trouble with the audio. Anyways i was wondering if anyone knows why i'm getting this error, and if there is any sort of plugin i can get for tmpgenc that would let me bypass decompressing the avi's audio with virtual dub first. Not that using virtual dub is a problem it just gets annoying using two programs to do the job of what one SHOULD be able to do. if anyone has any comments please reply