1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help....Please read

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jimcil, Oct 24, 2002.

1. jimcil

jimcil Guest

Okay, I have the new Sony DRU500A that can do - and + running XP, dont know if it matters. i downloaded DVD decrypter and and ripped a DVD to my harddrive (it created two files one an large file: .iso and another a small file: .mds. when i went to write the dvd i used the .iso file. i have tried burning this twice, once with a cheap dvd-r and once with an expensive hp dvd+r the -r seemed like it did nothing, decrypter doesnt read anything on the disc post burn. the plus looks like it burned something but decrypter only says it only has 2,048 bytes on it (but it took 30 minutes to burn!) plus when i put the +r in the drive and try to open my dvd player it says the disc is of a format not supported. when i burn the dvds it says dvd successfully burned both times. a little not of info, my aspi file is in the nero directory not the windows system 32 directory, does this matter? i am trying to burn a dvd less that 4.3. please write with any tips or ideas. i dont know what im doing wrong! im about to return the writer!

2. jimcil

jimcil Guest

one more thing in setup of dvd decrypter, under i/o interface the box for spti: NT/2000/XP/.Net is checked. is this setting correct?

3. taxman2

taxman2 Member

I'm having the exact same problem, except I'm not using Nero I'm using DVD Decrypter. I have followed the instructions posted on this site for using DVD Decrypter.

Anyone have any advice? I'm sure it has to be something simple we are/are not doing.
    Thanks

4. jimcil

jimcil Guest

taxman, i am not using nero either i am using dvd decrypter but my aspi file is in the nero directory, where is yours?

5. taxman2

taxman2 Member

Jimcil,

I'll need to check where the ASPI is tonight, but I am also using the same Sony writer that you are and also trying to write to a +R and getting the same result. My burn takes about 20-30 minutes and when it is done I have 2048 bytes of unreadable data.

6. ques23

ques23 Member

I have the same drive the DRU500A i used the dvd method 1 from fukhead. only difference is that i used a dvd-r and it works great. I used it in my dvd player and everything. I dont understand why you guys are having a problem. the only thing i can think of is that you used a dvd+r i dont know maybe it just does not like it.

7. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Guys,

I'm not sure what your problems are with your Sony DRU500A drives, but just as a suggestion, have you tried burning data to a disc to see if that works ? If it does, at least you'll prove that the drive is working OK.

Then you can start concentrating on getting the ripping movie part right

8. taxman2

taxman2 Member

As a test, I used Recordnow to do a straight dvd to dvd+rw copy of a movie that does not have any copy protection. The copy was successful. I also found out that my Pioneer DV-C302D home player plays the +rw.

I then did the same thing with a +r and was successful with that.

The question remains, what am I doing wrong when I'm using DVDdycrypter. After the burn, the back of the disc appears to have been fully burned but it won't play on my computer or anywhere else and it shows only 2048 bytes recorded.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

9. taxman2

taxman2 Member

Following the same procedures used by Jimcil, I also used DVD Decryptor to burn a DVD+RW of the same movie. Worked perfect! Plays perfect! I'm feeling good now so I try it with a DVD+R. No such luck, I've got the same problem. Another +R that shows only 2048 bytes that does not play.

I now have 2 memorex coasters and a fuji coaster.

The log says everything went fine. I watched as the entire DVD burned and the bytes approached but did not exceed the maximum.

Why will it burn on a DVD+RW and not on a DVD+R?

10. deadeye

deadeye Guest

I have the Sony DRU500A and I'm running XP. My first attempt using DVD decrypter I created an ISO file and burned it (with DVD decrypter) to a dvd+r. It would not play on my standalone Samsung M301. I then tried burning to a dvd-r and it works fine. But I don't understand why it does not play with Power DVD on my pc and the dvd looks like a blank dvd to windows (no files shown). Has anyone gotten an explanation for this yet?

11. zoiks

zoiks Guest

I had similar problems until I tried this method....

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD movie to your hard drive and then burn the ISO to a blank DVD-R or DVD+R (both worked for me) using the Recordnow software that is included with the drive. I don't think DVD Decrypter supports burning with the Sony DRU500A drive yet.

12. HomerJ

taxman2,

I use DVD-R with no problems, so don't have experience of what you are going through.

However, you say you can burn OK to a DVD+RW. This might suggest that your problem lies in burning to DVD+R format.

I suggest you check for update on your burning software to this format.

HomerJ

13. taxman2

taxman2 Member

Homer,

Thanks for the advice. I tried some Ritek -R discs and the DVDdecrypter burned the movies flawlessly.

Thanks again.

14. HomerJ

taxman2,

Well done that man. It now begs the question, does DVDDecrypter support DVD+R format.

I'll do some digging around.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2002
  15. varanm

varanm Member

Don't throw it away. The disk probably did not close. Simply create a folder called Audio_TS. Put the burned disk back in and use Nero. Select File>New>DVD-rom ISO. Drop and drag the Audio_TS folder into the empty file compilation window. Select write. This should do the trick. For those that used a DVD/RW and it worked but did not work with the DVD/R the reason is DVD/RW can still play with an open session whereas the DVD/R can't. I hope this works for you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2002