1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP probs going .avi to .mpg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dchester, Jan 18, 2005.

1. dchester

dchester Member

Hey all, I'm having a major crisis witha project that is due. I have a clean .avi file with audio and basically a slideshow of still images that i created with premiere. I am using tmpgenc 3 to convert to mpg. I am using all of the default settings. when i create my mpeg version it gets all jumpy with the audio and the video. It seems as if it only does it when it is a picture fade in from a black screen. I have a p4 2.6 with 512m of mem. Is this enough... that is the only thing i can think of. ANY help shortly would be greatly appreciated

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I never did a slideshow, sorry. But I know that TMPGenc cannot make 'MPEG stills', that is, if you load a JPG it is not converted into an image which can be ut on a (S)VCD.
    Can you try with Nero? I know that if you give it an input of 100 .BMPs (I thing that .JPGs are good as well) it works very well; it makes a VCD with 100 'stills' with pause = infinite (use 'next' to view the netx one).