1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE...help with ATI x1650 installation...UPDATED...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jestah57, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

So i just bought an ATI x1650 graphics card, uninstalled all ATI/graphics drivers...put the card in and sought to install the latest Catalyst CD...but I get this...

"Setup could not complete the installation. Try to set up your display with a standard VGA Driver before running setup."

What I did was install the AGP driver off my Asus disk. Restarted, and tried again. Still same error.

I hear there is NO Standard VGA Driver for XP, and that the AGP driver is what I need, but I did that, and still no work.

What am I missing? please help, I cannot work like this.

thanks in advance......please someone be on!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

From what i read, the ATI drivers that you deleted are the standard VGA drivers for Windows. Have you tried downloading then or re-installing them from the Windows CD.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  4. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

bbmayo......i tried that..same result....

Ill try the windows thing....stupid ati manual says to delete all drivers too.......dangit

5. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

also.....could the lack of catalyst being installed make my World of warcraft run crappy?......

6. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

also.....could the lack of catalyst being installed make my World of warcraft run crappy?.....

7. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Sorry for the double post there...but I got Catalyst to install finally...dont know what I did to do it, but its there and running....I have no conflicts in my device manager, as its reading the x1650 as working properly.

But World of Warcraft runs like crap now...big walls of colors, flickering backgrounds....its certain places and certain times, and quite annoying...do you think this now belongs on another forum or does anyone here have any idea?......