1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with install!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rsbackup, May 19, 2003.

1. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

I've never really heard anyone mention a specific temperature. Just that a 15-watt soldering iron is recommended. Alot of people do recommend using a multimeter. However, I never used one so I couldn't tell you what to look for. There is another forum you might want to check out that seems to be a little more newbie friendly...

http://www.teamxecuter.net/forums/

Last edited: May 24, 2003
  2. flawlessG

flawlessG Guest

OK People. If anyone cares to resond to this, thanks in advance. Now, my problem: I had an xbox, and the hard drive got screwed. So, I got a mod chip and a new Maxtor 60GB HD, but had no idea that I had to have the original hard drive to use the mod chip and the new hard drive. So, I bought a new Xbox to copy the files over from, got it all unlocked, and upon copying, fried the HD. Not the Maxtor, the New xbox HD. So, Im cought up here. Is there a possible solution, and anyway I can download the original files on the Xbox HD off th internet. I may be able to pick up an old 'box for 40$, copy it over, and sell it again fo 50$ >=). I just dont want to go through the process of the latter. Anyone, please help if you know if theres a solution. Thx!

3. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

Flawless. If it's a new XBOX and you haven't opened up the actual casing just take it back to the shop and say it's not working.