1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with seeking the best RM to DVD converter

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by Jinkazuya, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Well, as far as I know, for quality and speed of conversion, there is no other conversion software better than total video converter. The software embedded with a burner as well as all the functions of conversion. However, there is a drawback, which to me, seems to have ruined the whole thing. Whenever you try to convert your RM to DVD MPEG, if the file is over 800MB, which is always the case, it will automatically cut the whole video apart, which means divide the video into half. It is really hard to combine the two parts into one. Well, it is possible. But first, it takes almost 2 hours to combine the video, and then the audio doesn't syn with the video. After the process of combination, your video will be 3.1G, which is beyond the capacity of the DVD if you wanna put two video in one DVD disc.

The other RM video converters that I have found don't seem to have this problem of cutting your video into half if over 800MB. But the picture or video quality is dramatically reduced. your video seems pretty blurry even if you convert it into DVD MPEG format. I am now having a hard time looking for the one the best out of the best.

What is a RM video converter that has good picture quality and audio and is synchronized with the video? That's what I am looking for.

2. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

3. lisa_8023

lisa_8023 Regular member

Yes,winavi can support rm or rmvb file.
    And when you convert to DVD,you must make sure the output file is not larger than 0.99GB,because if not,you will not allow to burn to disc.That maybe a rule.And after burn,you also can get a whole movie in a disc(the size not out of the disc size).
    So when convert to DVD with WinAVI.You need to select that option.