1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by drown, Sep 17, 2002.

1. drown

drown Member

Sep 17, 2002
    First off let me say that this whole site is killer. Props to the creator.

O.K. I tried this whole thing for the first time yesterday. I downloaded {TMD}Red Dragon from Kazaa. I tried to watch it on my computer but got no video or sound. At the time, I didnt think much of it. I figured maybe it was a video/sound card problem so I went ahead with converting it to VCD. I followed this "how to giude" minus the subtitles part. http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm

Everything seemed to go great. I then burned it with Nero @ 4x. Threw it in my DVD player. It showed the chapter as a length 1:02, that seemed correct so I went to play it. Same results though. No video, no sound.

What did I do wrong or did I just get a corrupt file in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Aug 25, 2002
    On kazaa, tmd and smr movies were always movies you could trust. That ofcoarse is until lately. These freaks make tiny movies with black screens or infinite adds.

They realised that no-one was believing their little pranks which involved LOTR2: The Two Towers, Triple X & Minority Report + loads more.

I dont use kazaa anymore. You should try kazaalite, its much better, but the best is and remains direct connect (note that you will need to share at least 5 gigs for this.). Don't trust anything off p2p networks, try irc or something.