1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by candyman, Jan 28, 2003.

1. candyman

candyman Guest

Hi all, new here and a bit lost in the area of burning vcds, i downloaded a couple of movies in avi format, I would like to burn these to cd,to be played my dvd player,I can run the movies using windows media player,no as i understand it, the movies must first be converted to a format that the dvd player can read,now, do i have to do the audio and video with 2 seperate programs, or will one do both,can i after converting to say mpeg 1 go back and convert it to mpeg 2?Is there a BIG difference between the two?Then I just drag and drop into nero and poof its done?I have been told that nero can do this whole process, from converting to burning is this true and does picture quality get affected?Also, do i tell the program to encode it to pal or ntsc?As I understand it, I tell it what the original file is?Is there a better program to burn with or is nero fine?Is there a site to compare media,so you can buy the best for your specific application or is price the determining factor?thanks for helping another newbie!!p.s., is there any way to make thevideo better,i dont think so but it dont hurt to ask!~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2003
  2. DaveJ

DaveJ Member

Nero can do the whole thing but its quality isn't that great. You should use TMPGEnc first to create the mpeg file. It does the audio and video together. When it starts it ask you if you want to create VCD or SVCD, and PAL or NTSC. Select what you need. Burn the mpeg file to CD with Nero.

Tip - get a CD-RW disk and try VCD and SVCD and the noise reduction options using a small video file. Once you have found the settings you like, burn a regular CD.

DaveJ