1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Riyaz, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

hi,
    is there any way of putting a movies from your computer to a dvd disc that will work on a dvd player (the film is downloaded of the net)

thanx

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yup, ya have to convert it to a dvd compatible format.

3. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

how do u dp that ?

4. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

how do u do that

5. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

you need some sort of DVD authoring program. there are many out there and the prices aren't bad for some of the great features offered.

try any of the following:

roxio videowave
    Pinnacle Studio
    ULead
    SonicDVD
    Sony Vegas (a little more pricey)

6. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

is win dvd any good

7. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

not quite sure about that one...

I use Studio 8 (I've had it for 2 years). Great software when it works (and if you know how to make it work) but I don't recommend Pinnacle products to newbies because I sure didn't have the best time learning it.

Try ULead - I have that also - and it's pretty stable.

8. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

does your dvd player have to be compatable as well as the disc?

9. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Riaz, you really need to spend some time looking at the guides (well, the forum rules, too: your thread subject sucks eggs, and violates rule #7).

Of course, it can be overwhelming, not knowing where to start.

So let's start here: in what format is the movie you want to copy (burn) to dvd?

10. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

when i open the file it opens with real one player

11. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

MPEGfile

12. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

You'll need to use an "authoring" program like NeroVision Express. That does what the mod said:

You've got an mpeg file. DVD files are in VOB format. So you have to convert it. This is what NeroVision Express does. Of course, their are other programs that do this too, but NVE is the only one I could help you with.

Now that you know that you have to convert your mpeg to VOB, why not search and read up on how to do this, and when you hit a snag ask. The process is a not terribly difficult, but not easy enough to summarize in a short reply to such an open-ended question. Search the net on keywords like -- CONVERT MPEG VOB. Or browse this list and read some of the articles:

http://www.videohelp.com/author

You'll see what I mean (when I say there is no short answer).

13. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

after you've converted it then what do u do ?

14. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Short answer: play it.

Long answer: if you use a program like NeroVision Express, when it is done converting (transcoding), the result is a VIDEO_TS folder, with an assortment of files in it with extensions like IFO, BUP, and VOB. When this folder is copied (burned) to a dvd using the right file format, it is playable in dvd players. Of course, NVE can do this automatically, but I prefer to "burn" (copy) the output (the VIDEO_TS folder) to the hard drive first. I can then burn it to the dvd with whatever software I want (I use both Nero and Roxio Easy DVD Copy for burning dvd's).

In a nutshell, you convert to VOB, and the VOB's go in a folder named VIDEO_TS which you then burn to a dvd. But the details on how you do this will depend on the software you use.

15. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

for it to work in dvd player does it hav to b dvd - r discs

16. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

does your dvd player have to be chipped or does it work in any dvd player?

17. Samelot

Samelot Guest

Yo, i just dont know how to do this. Ive been trying to get this simple 1gb avi to a dvd for 3 days strait now. Ive read these crazy tutorails but i just wana do it the simple way.

"I AM USING NVE (vision express)" The first probelm i ran into was that when i added my 1gb avi file to a 4gb dvd it somehow expanded to over 9gb's and said taht there wasnt enough space to put it on. After that i tried to export it using NVE, which created a whopping 7gb mpeg file, which was even worst before.

*Here is what im not sure how to do.*

1st- I would like to know how to specify in NVE how to export to VOB.
    2nt- I would like to make sure that my VOB file does not exceded the 4.7gb dvd.

Please, I have been going crazy reading all these tutorials and forum posts. I am not interested in downloading 5 or 6 programs just to get the best quality. Maybe after i see the quality I will get after knowing how to burn to dvd with what i have, I will attempt the more complex techniuqes. Please help me, and goodbye...

18. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member