1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BTI, Jan 26, 2005.

1. BTI

BTI Member

I am new to the DVD writing scene, and have difficulty coping a DVD that is copywrite protected. I downloaded the DVD43 free software and I tried coping a DVD with NTI CD & DVD Maker as well as with Hotburn Pro but it just will not let me copy. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to be able to copy?

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi BTI--
    Go to the software tab at the top of this screen and download DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor--both are free--then go to the guide section and find out how to use these 2 programs--they are great and free--you will be burning in no time--

3. BTI

BTI Member

Thanks Whitfield. I did this and copied a DVD but some parts of the copy are stuttering when I played it on my dvd player. Do you know what I did wrong in the copy process?

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

you either burnt too fast, multitasked and caused a buffer problem, or used crappy media. Fix these 3 things and have another try :)

5. BTI

BTI Member

What do you mean by "multitasked" and what speed should I use?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey BTI, mutitasking:when during any of the entire dvd ripping,encoding,and burning processes-it is advisable to not use your pc anything else like surfing the net,checking email,playing solitaire and just about anything else. Set up your backup process and forget it-leave it alone.

Dvd ripping and burning is a strenuous task on your pc.Your processor will be maxxed out so any background programs like antivirus updates,screen savers, and messengers can boot you off of your dvd backup process. It is advisable to disconnect your internet,and turn off all background programs.Dvd shrink is also know to raise your tower temp up a few degrees because of the processor maxxing out.

What speed to burn? 4x is about par for most of us.The stand alone players are the ones who is going to tell you what speed you burn.Some of them have a harder time reading dvd-r and +r. If you burn them too fast or on poor media,they will cause the pixellating,freezing,skipped chapters, and insert disc errors.

That is why deadcat was talking about crappy media, it can screw you up in so many ways and the problems are really magnefied by the stand alone players like yours is doing.

7. BTI

BTI Member

Thanks, this helps a lot. What is the best media to use?

8. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

Check this out for info on good media. It is not that up to date, but it is still a fairly good guide.
    http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    Any media made by Taiyo Yuden, Mitsubishi or TDK is likely to be fine. In the UK i buy my media from www.svp.co.uk where they provide the actual DVD code of the manufacturer rather than the brand. You can also search for postings on media experiences in the Media forums on afterdawn or on http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia