1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help!!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by angel1417, Jun 3, 2007.

1. angel1417

angel1417 Member

i was about to burn an avi file to dvd file in nero 6..when i add the avi file, it would not open but the size of the video would just show up..i tried to wait for it but then the video does not show up. i tried other files, it worked. but there are two files that would not show up..what to do?? i'm really desperate to finish these movies so that i can watch them on dvd..

can someone help me?

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

will they play on ur pc.

3. angel1417

angel1417 Member

yes, they will play on my pc..But when i add the file to the nero, it wont show up..

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Have you tried to "Drag and Drop" them into NeroVision.

5. angel1417

angel1417 Member

how to drag nd drop?

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Open NeroVision....locate the files you wish to burn....highlight them...control C and then control V into NeroVision

7. angel1417

angel1417 Member

i tried to.. but still doesnt work

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You say you are using Nero 6, do you know which version of 6 you are using...and are you able to play the AVI files on your comp.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  9. angel1417

angel1417 Member

i dont know wat version is it because wen i bought the dvd writer it was already free..yes, i can play the avi file in my comp..i already put sub in it..but wen i try to burn it, it doesnt show up..

10. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

angel1417

If you use the Nero Smartstart, click on the "fire" button on the lower right. This will then display what version of Nero you have.

[​IMG]

11. angel1417

angel1417 Member

nero digital 3.1.0.16
    nero OEM 6.6.0.17

12. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hey Angel,

I'm not the Nero expert, far from it, but I seem to think the recommended (i.e., most bug-free) version of Nero 6 is 6.6.0.18. There might be a download link under the Software tab here.

BEFORE UNINSTALLING your current version, go back to Nero Smartstart, click on the "fire" button (where you got your version numbers) and click on the serial number tab and WRITE DOWN YOUR SERIAL NUMBER(s). More than likely you have an OEM version of Nero which doesn't have the serial number written on the disk/envelope/jacket. I'd do this anyway and put it in a safe place, "just in case".

If you do decide to upgrade, besure to use the Nero Clean tools after doing an uninstall and before installing the new version.

Beside that, I think there is a possibility that the 2 AVI files that won't open in Nero might be corrupted. They might play ok in Media Player or another player with only a "glitch" or "ghost" but this could be enough corruption to stop Nero. I had a problem with some mpegs that stopped Nero cold.

Do you have another source for the AVIs? If so, you might try new versions of them before doing the uninstall.

Anyone know of a program that "cleans" AVI's???