1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please i need some info

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by lancerx, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Hi

i´m a newb when it comes to the viper, i wan to order one of this chips with the people of divineo and solder it to the gc with a friend, but i want to know some more info, lik if i need the original game to play the backups, what type of media to burn the isos, i don´t know, any infor i might be missing.

thanks

2. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

You need [bold]an[/bold] original gamedisc because you need to swap discs (for now that is...). I like to use Phantasy Star Online =) but any game should do fine.
    Their are people claiming it makes a difference in which game to boot from but I don't beleive so because I randomly get DREs (Disc Read Errors) with whatever game I use! This problem will hopefully be solved in the next BIOS release...
    I'm using the Memorex miniDVDs, but it could do no harm looking this forum cuz there are many threads about which media works. (with or without laser tweaking)

BTW: after you soldered the damn thingy to your cube and stuffed it in like a melon in a mice... and flashed it, be sure to switch the programmer off(both dipswitches) before trying any attempt to load the ViperGC startup screen! geez, are there stupid people on this planet or what? lol *rolls eyes

be sure to look at my site for a nice bithday present (click NEO)

3. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Triple post...sorry

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  4. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Triple post...sorry

5. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Triple post...sorry

6. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

euhm, any moderators here...got connection probs. =)

7. lancerx

lancerx Guest

thanks a lot man :)

8. lancerx

lancerx Guest

thanks a lot man :)