1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'please insert correct cd-rom' madness!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by kinga32, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinga32

kinga32 Member

I have just used DAEMON to load command and conquer generals + zero hour expansion, worked no probs. Then i restarted my PC and clicked on the desktop short cut to the game. It then asks for me to 'insert correct cd-rom'. What can i do to fix this so i can play the game?........................Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You see this occurs because the games executable is being started and when it checks for the games cd it knows it isnt there. So you can burn it but the program will also know that your trying to use a burnt copy. I myself know all of this and how to bypass the restrictions and would be happy to assist you, but I have the feeling your trying to play a game that you dont own.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

kinga32,

What software and drive did you use to make the ISO of your original copy of Zero Hour?

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

5. Nephilim

Hee hee. Missed that one :p

If I can see what software, make/model drive and specific settings he used to make the ISO off his original I'll be more than happy to leave this one open :)

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

lol, thats all I can say.

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah because then it wouldnt be piracy but I doubt thats what this guy did :)

8. kinga32

kinga32 Member

Well lads looks like the game is up! You caught me red handed ! Caught with my hands in the cookie jar. oh well, im sorry for any trouble i caused.

U can close the tread now.

the end

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

lol, well kinga32 it looks like the jig is up. i liek the positive attitude it is a change from the normal i find in the forums. thanks for admitting that you did it and not wasting our time, I appreciate it and Im sure Nephilim and The_Fiend do to :)

10. Nephilim

I like your style kinga32. Stick around buddy, we'd like to have you :)

11. jemrite

jemrite Member

hey i just burned my command and conquer the first decade disk to my computer because a friend asked to use it. i burned it with DVD decrypter and i didn't change any settings and i loaded it on to daemon but it won't play. It would be extremely helpful if someone could fill me in on how to play, because i would like to play it and probably wont see my friend again until i get home from college around easter..... please help

12. Nephilim

We just got done discussing how piracy is not allowed in the forums so asking how to make a bootleg copy of your game for your friend isn't exactly wise.

DVD Decrypter won't do PC games anyway.

13. kinga32

kinga32 Member

OK sweet as a nut lads, sorry bit slow to respond. Got bogged down with work (the worst of all four letter words.)cheers and beers all round!
    Kinga

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I got to agree with Nephilim on this one kinga32, I like you. Got a good attitude, and a good sense of humor. The first becoming rarer and rarer on this site.

15. jemrite

jemrite Member

well it's not a permanent thing he just wants to take it with him to UK (University of Kentucky) and i go to IU (Indiana University) and i don't wanna give it to him if i won't be able to play it, so... u suggest i just keep it and tell him if he wants to play it buy it

16. Nephilim

Buying it would be good. That way software companies stay in business to make us all more games :)

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If he/she can afford college and the gas to drive their, this person can afford to buy the game. I usually am not as "harsh" as I just was but honestly, just buy the game. Fifty dollars maximum.

18. Nephilim

It depends whether mommy and daddy are paying for college ;)

I watched my sister put herself through college and after tuition, books, gas etc she barely had enough money to pay rent and buy food. I'm so proud of her :)

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Im hoping to be able to pay my way all the way through college with hopefully no college loans. But if need be I will take a loan out and if I need help I will ask my parents to help me out, im not to proud to ask for help when i need it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  20. Nephilim

College is for two types folks nowadays - those who have wealthy parents and those who don't mind going into debt the rest of their life.

I like the new sig :)

'Bout time I closed this one.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.