1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please is there anybody out there who can help?!?!?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by carlos30, Dec 15, 2004.

1. carlos30

carlos30 Member

ok i'm a newbie (probably the thickest) I'm following the guide avi to dvdr but hitting a major prob! in avicodec my audio file is an mp3 in the guide it says if avi file is an mp3 to skip to next step followed all steps then when i open ifoedit and open audio file it says my file is [1]_vts_01_1.80.ac3 so when i select this (it only gives me this selection)and press ok i get the yellow triangle message saying unable to open file for reading [1]_vts_01_1.80.ac3 i've gone back through the guide and even tried following the guide ac3 audio? let's extract it but because it's an mp3 i get this message up about virtual dub has detected an improper vbr audio encoding in the source avi file(audio stream1)then it says about rewriting the audio header with standard cbr values for a better compatabilitie then something about decompress the entire audio stream to an uncompressed wav file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.This may as well be a foreign language to me i just dont understand it at all and would realy appreciate some help cheers.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I want to help you but I cant understand what your saying. Use periods and more spacing between sentences next time. From what I gatherd you probably should post this in the DVD forums. Look for [bold]ScubaPete[/bold]!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  3. carlos30

carlos30 Member

Sorry Diabolos.

It's all very confusing to me but never mind i think i've got it sussed, i couldnt get to grips with the guide to covert avi's to dvd. So after a bit more searching i downloaded dvdsanta it's quick and easy to use well worth the twenty quid it cost me.But anyway thanks for responding and trying to help.